200 series picture thread (9 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Savannah snow muddin’, it’s pretty fun.
3C6F822A-A1E6-48DF-8254-7524AD06AC63.jpeg
E2F85615-A778-4FC9-BE0F-303644E697AC.jpeg
A46B1563-1C97-4F4C-9E96-09EC86DE5EAF.jpeg

Side note, Cooper STT Pros, awesome.

Ha! Bet you don’t get to do that very often! Might as well make the most of that chilly weather.

Dan, what tire size are you running? I need to get new shoes and like the look you have!

If any of you in Denver want to do a liesurely drive with some good views at the top and some awesome and huge bolders and maybe through in a great hike, take the Dakan Rd drive (Funtreks book) to Rampart Range Rd next May or later after it opens. (It closes for the winter.) Nothing difficult. doesn't require an LC or even 4x4. Higher center is preferable. But it is a great little drive and one I like to do when I just want to get away for 2-3 hours. The hike is the climb up Devil's Head. Awesome. But, again, the gate is closed for the winter so you would have a quarter to half mile additional distance to get out to the parking area.

Here are some iPhone pics from my brief afternoon drive on Nov 30th - they closed it for the winter the next day.

View attachment 1592177 View attachment 1592178 View attachment 1592179 View attachment 1592180 View attachment 1592181

Dan, what tire size are you running? I need to get new shoes and like the look you have!

285/65r18 KO2s. (That’s what’s in all the pics I’ve posted.). At the moment I have Nokia’s Hakkapalita R2 winter tires.

285/65r18 KO2s. (That’s what’s in all the pics I’ve posted.). At the moment I have Nokia’s Hakkapalita R2 winter tires.

Dan, are you liking your OME suspension? I'm looking at doing some modifications soon on my 2016 and I wanted to know how you like the ride vs what you were used to before it. I think BP-51 or similar higher end suspension may be more than what I need. I've seen @kevinfoutch rig up close and it was great to see what all he's done as I am thinking of doing some similar things (Gobi rack, OME, etc.).

Hmmm. Suspension "feel" can be a rather personal thing. I would say that it is stiffer. Not as plush. Which is to be expected as they springs are stronger. That is what I wanted as it is better support for the weight that my trailer puts on the LC. It is a tad more "truck-like" than I would "prefer" when I am not towing. But that is only noticeable on roads, even paved, that are bumpy or segmented or when I go though mogul-like terrain. On a smooth road, I don't know it.

The other thing, though, is that the E-rated KO2s are certainly stiffer than P-rated stock tires. The 42 PSI vs 33 PSI doesn't help. I just put my P-rated winter tires on and they are filled to 33 PSI. Definitely "softer" in the ride, but I feel a bit more "sway" when turning corners than I was used to feeling with the stiffer, E-rated KO2s.

Trade-offs! Not a simple answer. Would I go with a BP-51 next time? It all depends on how it handles towing.

Snow? It's not snow unless you're up to the axles or doors ;)

img-20171203-114642_orig.jpg

It's not snow wheeling if a Jeep Renegade can also make it.

Just playen', looked like a great time, and a cool group of people.

Funny... I was thinking that "cabin" looked a little cramped for all of the people that would be in those trucks!

That is the Lonesome Lake trail head vault toilet in the Mt.Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest in Washington. It is just north of Mt. Rainier National Park. It is at 4,740' elevation. (Mt. Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest - Home)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom