1HDT - Where to install water temperature sensor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I need to install a 1/8 NPT temperature sensor in my 1HDT. Is there anywhere on the block already tapped for 1/8 NPT? Or another location where I can drill and tap?

Does location of the sensor make much difference on watching the engine warm up, and keeping an eye out for overheat?

Mine is on the aluminum "elbow" comming out of the head for the rad hose. It can be tapped in place. (put lots of grease on the drillbit and tap to catch chips)
I had it in the same place on my gas engine, seems to work fine...

I put mine in the "water outlet" tube as well. Well actually I bought a new outlet tube from Mr T that was already set up with the second taped hole. My original had the spot cast into is just not drilled. The only reason I bought a new one is because I thought my original was cracked.... Turned out to be a bad rad hose ..... However I ended up with a slick OEM outlet set up for the second temp sender.

Mine is on the aluminum "elbow" comming out of the head for the rad hose. It can be tapped in place. (put lots of grease on the drillbit and tap to catch chips)
I had it in the same place on my gas engine, seems to work fine...
Upper or lower rad hose? Got a photo?

Upper rad hose, I'll shoot a pic tomorrow.

Sorry guys..... Here it is.
temp sending unit.jpg

funny.. I just asked this yesterday. Check your upper coolant metal hose. Mine got a tap where usually the AC cut off sensor is as shown here on the first picture:

https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/1hz-temperature-sensor-location.365517/

I was asking what thread that is. Maybe there is an adapter to 1/8" NPT? Maybe you got the same thread in your tube and don't need to tap a new one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom