1HD-T H55 split case INTO A 60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Up and running today, purrrss like a kitten.

Looks good in factory red, PPG.
DSC00046.JPG
DSC00048.JPG
DSC00051.JPG

WOW. That looks amazing man. BETTER THAN NEW!!

Definately give us an impression of how that engine runs and pulls on the road as well as the trail, even if that might be a bit farther off.

Kinda of a cross post.

Drove the rig and it rivals and exceeds 2F ore 3F I have ever driven.

Tires were spinning on wet in two gears.

Has a almost gasser kick in the higher RPMS.

I was scared it may pop the H55, but pretty sure it will hold up behind this power.

That's awesome. How does the MPG situation look?

Off topic, but I can chirp my tires with my stock 60 shifting into 2nd all day long. :)

Guys we're treading on the edge of advertising here. Can we get back to the tech part? I've had some requests to move this to Diesel section - what do you all think?

M

imho

not that it counts for anything but i think build ups of 60's belong with 60's whether diesel or not... many of us are considering if at some point in the life of our cruisers if we should stay stock or do something more radical... good to see other ppl's opinions here on this forum and not have to go digging through all the other forums for things that pertain to our vehicles...

I agree. If a topic has to do specifically with a 60 series vehicle I'd love to see it stay in this particular forum. Even if the subject is as tangential as the best way to clean your 60 I'd rather read it here than have to jump all over the net to find the info.

Now, back to this conversion, everybody seems to drool over both the 1HD-FT engine and H55 transmission. What's the verdict, is it as good as the hype would have us believe??

Radd Cruisers said:
I was scared it may pop the H55, but pretty sure it will hold up behind this power.

That t-case has the advantage of a fully splined one piece gear, cut in Japan, supplied by 4Wheelauto.

hth's

gb

Southbound said:
Now, back to this conversion, everybody seems to drool over both the 1HD-FT engine and H55 transmission. What's the verdict, is it as good as the hype would have us believe??

This particular engine is a 1HD-T (4.2 liter 12 valve DI). The 1HD-FT is the 24 valve version.

hth's

gb

I thouoght the H55F is a better option .. why .. ? the BF1A can be reduced in Hi and Low by T-case Marks underdrive gears .. making it a good choice !

IMOP

Not advertising, in fact doing more renovation, hardwood flooring than cruiser work these days.

But I was really impressed with this combo, it is on the top of my best installs for MPG, HP and complete reliability.

AFter his first intial test drive, he arrived back in my driveway claiming he would have to learn how to drive this rig again as he was use to the sluggish 2F. He joked about almost rearending another guy while he was test driving it.

He drove it from my house to Oregon through some decent long climbs and he claimed never dropping out of fifth and hardly pushing the engine at all.

The customer had a 30K 2F engine that ran like 300K and could not get anyone to figure out the problem.

Also to mention this is to my knowledge one of two rigs running this drivetrain in the US, the other fellow has well over 150K on his rig and running strong. I was informed he had completed this conversion several years ago.

Thanks for following the build and all your comments and suggestions.

Rb

Mike S said:
Guys we're treading on the edge of advertising here. Can we get back to the tech part? I've had some requests to move this to Diesel section - what do you all think?

M

swap

some useful info here thanks

I have a 71FJ40 and was able to purchase a 1HD-T out of a wrecked 80 here in the UK where I am living now.

I plan to put a h55 5 speed behind it using the 75 series bellhousing and 1hz input shaft

for now my rig is in paint and the engine on a pallet till I can gather everything up so I am going through the engine manual, the 80 section, and the diesel swap posts seeing what I can learn

Now that I know the mechanicals of getting the motor in i am looking for what wiring will be involved.

I know I will need to power the fuel shut off solenoid, starter circuit and charging circuit should be no problem but I am not sure what other things there are to wire up on the engine (or disable for my 40) just to make it up and running properly

still looking for a bell housing, gearbox, and xfer case so I have time to read up

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom