For Sale 12HT H55 ,1HZ H55 and a 1HDT A440 for sale (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

joekatana

GOLD Star
Threads
EDIT ALL ENGINES ARE SPOKEN FOR,IF ANYTHING CHANGES OR I GET NEW ONES IN THERE WILL BE A NEW TREAD THEN.

1HDT is sold so only one more will be for sale,you can choose between the 1HZ and the 12HT.

Hi I have decided to make some room in the shop and get some funds together to finish my 45 project.

I have 3 very similar yet very different engine tranny combos available that could all work in my 45 and as of now I still can't decide which direction to go so I will let you guys decide.

As soon as 2 of the 3 combo's are sold I will keep the remaining to install in my Cruiser.

12 HT H55 7000$ , this one comes out of a JDM truck that I bought from Cruisers Direct,like all of them it had fairly low miles (around 120K miles I believe).I drove the truck for a few days before parting it out and it ran great,it comes with some small stuff like airbox,radiator,trottle cable ,trans crosmember and the first piece of the exhaust so this one is an ideal candidate to turn your FJ60/FJ62 in to a diesel.

1HZ H55 6500$ ,this one I bought sight unseen in Europe after speaking with the owner and it was all perfect mechanical condition except for a malfunctioning alternator.......NOT! When I came to Europe later and saw the missing alternator I feared for the worst,installed the new alternator and indeed smoke was coming from the tailpipe once the waterpump was turning so this one needs a new headgasket or a head.In my experience the 1HZ does not have many headgasket issues so I ordered a new head from Beno and it is included together with a full engine gasket set.I drove the Cruiser for a bit and it ran smooth,it has all accessories attached and even the rubber engine mounts are still on it,if you want to do a engine swap in a 7X series I can include radiator and some other parts to make the swap look like OEM.

1HDT A440 SOLD ,this one I just picked up in Canada and drove it 2000 miles back to Texas,1HDT runs great and A440 shifted a lot smoother then most I have driven.It is still in the 80 so this one can be removed with whatever parts that are necessary.

Thanks

Joe

Last edited:
12HT H55 pics

DSCN0865.JPG
DSCN0864.JPG
DSCN0868.JPG
DSCN0869.JPG
DSCN0872.JPG

1HZ H55

DSCN0852.JPG
DSCN0853.JPG
DSCN0854.JPG
DSCN0856.JPG
DSCN0859.JPG

1HDT A440

DSCN0835.JPG
DSCN0836.JPG
DSCN0837.JPG

Hey Brother. I baught a 60 in 04 and 4 years later I purchased and installed a new H55 and now need to do an engine swap. What are you will sell your 12 HT and tranny coupling fort he H55 purse the extra parts minus your H55 which I don't need?
I'd need to get it shipped to the East coast once I find the mech to do the work.

Thank you,
Chris

I hate auto correct. Lol
Basically I need the price for everything listed with the 12HT minus the H55.
Thanks.
Chris.

In your opinion which will be the better engine for my 60 which is loaded down. Weighs some 6500-7000 maybe even 7500-8000 pounds.
Need highway speeds and the ability to hit steep highways mountain roads without being passed by big rigs.
Chris

PM'ed you.

In your opinion which will be the better engine for my 60 which is loaded down. Weighs some 6500-7000 maybe even 7500-8000 pounds.
Need highway speeds and the ability to hit steep highways mountain roads without being passed by big rigs.
Chris

More power is always better so I would say 1HDT but the 12HT is the only one that fits your transmission.

BTW I am not separating any packages unless there is a buyer for the other halve.

Joe

Chris

you need a cummins 5.9 for 8000lbs- 12ht doesnt have the torque and 1hdt is same work( swap wise) as cummins and all swap things being equal- 5.9liter makes more sense than 4.2liter.

you need a cummins 5.9 for 8000lbs- 12ht doesnt have the torque and 1hdt is same work( swap wise) as cummins and all swap things being equal- 5.9liter makes more sense than 4.2liter.

Really ?

Have you already owned and driven all of these engines?

I have and I also own a 15 Cummins and yes in the Ram the cummins serves it purpose but I would never install a cummins in a Cruiser.

The 12HT is more then sufficient for an 8000 pound vehicle.

As of today many people that pull plus 10000 pound trailers are still looking for good HJ61's so they can use these to pull these heavy trailers,only modification is air brakes for the trailer as required by law.

Last edited:
1HZ heads are readily available.

While that may be the case, they're rarely available from a close friend, via another close friend (a term of which I don't use loosely) that happens to supply 'fixes', is a current restorer of a semi-rare breed of Cruisers that he sought, sourced, imported on my behalf.....and that I'll be seeing tomorrow, eliminating any further freight charges.

Plus, there's just something special about head from a friend....

While that may be the case, they're rarely available from a close friend, via another close friend (a term of which I don't use loosely) that happens to supply 'fixes', is a current restorer of a semi-rare breed of Cruisers that he sought, sourced, imported on my behalf.....and that I'll be seeing tomorrow, eliminating any further freight charges.

Plus, there's just something special about head from a friend....

I am gonna ignore that last sentence Chris ;)

If you need a 1HZ head now I will gladly lend you this one.

How easily does the 12HT convert into an 80 Series? Same motor mounts? Similar to the 1HD-T? Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom