1/76 vacuum routing sanity check (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Aisin carb rebuilt by Mark. Desmog by PO. HEI DUI w/vacuum advance. Everything runs great except it is really hard to start when warm. I just installed the charcoal cannister and I'm trying to sort out the vacuum routing and here is my best guess:
1. vacuum line from dizzy goes to the small port on the PCV hose connection at the intake.
2. TP diaphragm capped off (pretty sure that's not correct)
3 vacuum port at base of carb connected to charcoal cannister hard line near where VSV used to be.

Does this sound right?

I'd like to see a pic of that mess.

Not as bad as it sounds. Since the last post I changed the routing. Carb base to vac adv dizzy. Intake to tp diaph. Other intake port capped. Runs better after this change and dialing in timing. Still open to advice if I got something wrong

Sent from my iPhone using IH8MUD
image-1014770819.jpg
image-558886826.jpg

Charcoal canister line not connected. Still not sure where it goes

The one you're pointing to is connected to a Vacuum Control Valve which is in turn connected to carb vacuum, a BVSV on the thermostat housing, and the air cleaner.

1. vacuum line from dizzy goes to the small port on the PCV hose connection at the intake.

That for one is not correct.... dizzy advance needs ported vacuum, that is the front port found on the carb base on the inboard side....

How does this thing run other than warm hard start?

most likely some of the smog junk needs to be plugged off.....

More pics would be helpful...

The one you're pointing to is connected to a Vacuum Control Valve which is in turn connected to carb vacuum, a BVSV on the thermostat housing, and the air cleaner.

desmogged, so no VCV or BVSV

That for one is not correct.... dizzy advance needs ported vacuum, that is the front port found on the carb base on the inboard side....

How does this thing run other than warm hard start?

most likely some of the smog junk needs to be plugged off.....

More pics would be helpful...

dizzy is connected to carb base. the original post is several months old and I fixed some things since then. this thing runs awesome - very strong, good idle, no hiccups along the rev range. cold starts are great. most of the time it fires right up when warm, but sometimes have to crank it a little. no "dieseling" on shutoff. I've seen some people attach a filter to the charcoal canister line, but it seems like it should be connected to the vacuum system.

desmogged, so no VCV or BVSV

Then your charcoal canister is not going to work. :meh:

I de-smogged mine but left the VCV and a single BVSV for the canister; I don't like gas fumes in the cabin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom