1HZ Turbo System Supplier (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
http://www.all-american.nl/

These guys had a conversion kit on eBay I asked them about. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4620930947&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1

I am offering new Turbocharger kits for Toyota Landcruisers 7# - 80 and 100 series with the 4.2 1HZ engine.

These kits are being manufactured for customers like Toyota Europe, the Red Cross and various army and aid organisations that either drive heavy protected vehicles or have to operate on higher altitudes where the normal aspirated diesel engines is loosing its breathe.

The heart of these kits is what we call " Small CT-26 " Toyota turbocharger wich is a hybrid design. By hybrid I mean a larger compressor side with a smaller and lighter turbine side. The result is that this turbocharger supplies plenty of air while it spins up quickly. Compared to most turbocharger kits available for this engine that are mostly designed at the end of the 1980's - beginning 1990's using smaller compressors and heavier turbine sides, this Toyota turbocharger is doing the job a lot easier. With less effort it supplies a lot more air combined with the efficiency you find in the younger generation turbochargers.

More air at the same boost level means less thermal stress on engine components like pistons, cilinderhead and coolingsystem. There are turbocharger kits available on wich intercoolers are adviced to cool down the charge temperature. On most applications the charge temperature is on the high side due a compressor side that is too small and has to work too hard. Instead of "camouflaging" this shortcoming by a expensive intercooler the Toyota kit is using a more efficient Turbocharger.

This is the latest version Toyota turbocharger before VNT ( Variable Nozzle Technology ) and electronic regulated Turbochargers found their way to Toyota vehicles. Its almost similar to the Turbocharger fitted to the Landcruiser 100 series TD Sahara model.

These Turbocharger kits come bolted together as far as possible without having a vehicle at hand. Housings are fitted in the correct position and the actuator is pre set.

All parts for a almost original look-a-like installation are in these kits including the first exhaust pipe in mild stainless steel.

On top of that is every kit supplied by a boost enrichment kit, also named Aneroid, that you need to bring up your standard fuelpump to turbodiesel specifications. A Turbocharger conversion without a proper fuel pump function is only half the job. Car manufacturers are doing it this way and are forced by lawmakers to do it like that, so why shouldn't you. Its all there in the kit.

Performance of these Turbocharger kits is 165HP and 385 N/m.@ 0,5 bar ( 7 Psi ).

00310-01500 Turbocharger kit LC HZJ 70 - 73 - 75 - 77 series.

00310-01550 Turbocharger kit LC HZJ 71 - 74 - 76 - 78 - 79 series.

00310-01580 Turbocharger kit LC HZJ 80 - 81 series.

00310-20000 Turbocharger kit LC HZJ 105 series.

22540-73000 Fuelpump Aneroid kit for engines WITHOUT EGR.

22540-74000 Fuelpump Aneroid kit for engines WITH EGR.

Pricing is without shipment costs from overseas, without import duty ( wich is around 5% ) and without GST.

They were very frank and helpful in answering my questions and $1500. US doesn't sound like a bad price at all. Questions and responses below.

Q. I have a Landcruiser with 1HZ engine. I'm wondering if the auto transmission will handle the extra power?

A. The Aisin A440 / A442 autobox is quite strong and also used on the 80 and 100 series automatic. It can easily handle the higher output and the only thing you will notice is that the stall speed wil be slightly higher as the torque developed by the engine is stronger.

Q. I'm curious: why wouldn't Toyota just ship in the necessary parts - why do they need to hire you guys? No disrespect you understand.
A. No offense taken, clear question. The decision on introducing these kits was mostly up to the various Toyota importers in certain regions. At the time Toyota was starting to introduce turbo and intercooler kits. This decission was left up to the importers themselves. If there were marketing guys that were not "motorheads" they only predicted problems therefore scaring the various decision-making people. The result was that we started building turbo kits and intercoler kits for Toyota Netherlands and Toyota Belgium. They liked our products and it was good business.

Also at that time warranty conditions here in Europe were much better than in Australia We had 3 years, 100.000km warranty while Australia was still on 1 year 20.000 / 40.000 km. After we received German TUV approval we suddenly sold kits into Austria and Switzerland approved by Toyota over there. Toyota UK did not take it into their system but cover a new car with warranty if kits were installed following the correct procedures.

Later we got original turbodiesels and intercoolers and this market almost disappeared. At that time we were only selling to the hobby people and long-time customers. Toyota contacted us and asked if we could supply a system for some special customers: armoured car builders. It was September 2001 and after the bombing in the USA armoured cars were THE business.

Toyota Netherlands and Toyota Belgium directed Toyota Motor Sales ( TMS ) to us because of the good experience they had with us over the years. Now the situation is that we ship these kits all over the world to places were Toyota has its special customers building these cars. Toyota supplies about ½ of the parts and we do the other ½ and complete the kits.

Q. What about removing the pan, drilling and securing the oil return with a nut inside the pan?
A. Yes, You've got a point, but it has to seal properly and secure the nut very well, it costs more in labor and the position of the hose is lower.

Q. So the metal dust from drilling the block can only wash down into the pan? In other words, the oil gallery you drill into is vertical not horizontal?
A. Its not an oil gallery. Its the wall from the block only. Oil supply comes from the other side were we T into the oil pressure switch. ( no drilling ). Going through the block wall we use low speed and a lick of grease on the drill and tap. This collects a lot of the burrs and dust.

Also:

"Many turbo kit builders like you to fit the oil return pipe into the oilpan. Most of them like you to weld it which wil give you plenty of problems as the oil pan is built from 2 sheets metal with in between a plastic layer for sound reduction. See this as big fun when welding.

As we build the original Toyota kits for Toyota Europe we proposed Toyota to drill thru the block. They were very reluctant to do so but after doing a couple it was all OK. We never had one leaking, we never had one coming loose and we never had one being ripped off by the driveshaft.

Doing this connection you do not have to remove the oilpan. You drain the oil, drill the hole, tap the thread, fit the connection, flush the pan twice ( 1 time with kerosene and the second time with a couple of litres of the engine oil you just drained and then refill."
HZJ 7#turbo.manual.2jpg.JPG
HZJ 7#turbo.manual.3jpg.JPG

Last edited:
Ntxt
HZJ 7#turbo.manual.4jpg.JPG

Thanks for the info...wrong forum dude.

Pls Beanz2 sender over to Diesel...

VTCruiser said:
NICE! I have a CT-26 already, i wonder if they sell the kit minus the turbo? I'll have to look into it....

I think it says the impellers in the turbo are specific to this application. They are different between the 2LT and the 2C engines for example.

Last edited:
Looks like a pretty good deal. I wonder how it compares to Safari's system with their split pulse exhaust manifold????

Thinking the split pulse is a bit of a selling gimic???

~Rob

HZJ60 Guy said:
Looks like a pretty good deal. I wonder how it compares to Safari's system with their split pulse exhaust manifold????

Last edited:
i have been trying to understand how the split pulse would actually increase the performance and how much improvement would actually happen...
with the non-split pulse you have a constant feed of pressure and with the split pulse you have also a constant pressure feed...
the turbulance of a single feed might reduce the pressure somewhat but to what degree in real life situations?

i also wonder about drilling into the oil feed through the block... how do they keep ALL the metal shavings out of the passage?

cheers

crushers said:
i also wonder about drilling into the oil feed through the block... how do they keep ALL the metal shavings out of the passage?

cheers

with kerosene and oil " flush "

crushers said:

That was my concern, but it is not a passage he says, just the side of the block. Apparently they have done it many times without problems, but I would prefer to drop the pan and flush and check visually myself.

crushers said:
i have been trying to understand how the split pulse would actually increase the performance and how much improvement would actually happen...
with the non-split pulse you have a constant feed of pressure and with the split pulse you have also a constant pressure feed...
the turbulance of a single feed might reduce the pressure somewhat but to what degree in real life situations?

cheers

I don't get the whole "split pulse" thing either, just what are they doing special that even dictates saying split pulse??

I was just wondering if anyone ended up buying one of these kits,if so how it worked for them and are they still available,thier site does not seem to be active anymore,has anyone had any experience with the kits from 4wdsystems.com.au

Thanks James...

Their website is still up and running.

All American Imports
Veerweg 6
5171 PW Kaatsheuvel
The Netherlands

Phone: +31 (0)416 540167
Fax: +31 (0)416 272304

Or e-mail us

I wonder if we could find anyone who has this system - for a critique. I have contacted them ad am waiting for a response.

Previa Diesel said:
Their website is still up and running.

Thanks,unfortunaltly the link only has the home page,the product list is blank and I have tried to email them over the past few weeks and have not got a reply.Oh well..
Just wondering has anyone ever had any experience with a Switzher turbocharger?

James..

Jimmy B said:
Thanks,unfortunaltly the link only has the home page,the product list is blank and I have tried to email them over the past few weeks and have not got a reply.Oh well..
Just wondering has anyone ever had any experience with a Switzher turbocharger?

James..

He is away on vacation, just tried to find the email with the estimated date of return and can not. He is top drawer in my books.

I wonder if we could find anyone who has this system - for a critique. I have contacted them ad am waiting for a response.

Hi,

I have just finished installing this kit from Maarten @ All American Imports BV ... I am very satisfied with it .... most of the components are original Toyota parts and the kit has been very well put together ...

it went into a 105 series and the power increments have been amazing with the actuator set to ~ 9 PSI according to my gauge ... i aslo installed the fuel anaroid which made heeps of difference ... my kit included an intercooler which is the same one used on the 1HD-TFE 24 valve 100 series ... I am estimating somewhere around 175 Hp ... but I guees I'll never know since there is no Dyno that i know of in my country! I guess I'll have to use one of those gyro estimators ...

the n/a 1hz on a fulltime 100 series is pretty slow ... made a world of difference for overtaking/passing and going up hills ...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom