Overhead console spacer kit on ebay (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I think the idea is great but for $150 and $45 shipping thats a bit much. I bet with a little effort you could fab something up to match. akraven

Last edited:
I have always fancied that little item but I do have one concern. That area of the roof gets sooo damn hot in the summertime that you can't touch any of the metal bits associated with the sunroof motor without getting burned. That kind of heat concerns me, especially with a high-powered Ham chassis.

I too as looking at that, but thought the price was way too high!!

Don't drool too much, as it's JUST the spacer (dark grey part shown in separate photo), not the lighter molded part with the gauge. I did not know that gauge was available elsewhere. Hmmmm....

DougM

I have always fancied that little item but I do have one concern. That area of the roof gets sooo damn hot in the summertime that you can't touch any of the metal bits associated with the sunroof motor without getting burned. That kind of heat concerns me, especially with a high-powered Ham chassis.

Looks like there might be room for a 12v cooling fan and temp switch in there if the unit (CB/HAM) wasn't too large.

It would all get kinda spendy, but if you just had to have one......

Will that even fit in the small space in front of the sunroof?

Yes.

Don't drool too much, as it's JUST the spacer (dark grey part shown in separate photo), not the lighter molded part with the gauge. I did not know that gauge was available elsewhere. Hmmmm....

DougM

I don't care about the gauges... I have my CB in the dash with my CD player, but my ham, GPS, Sirus and radar detector make my 80 cluttered... I h8 clutter.:mad:

could anyone point out a model of cb that would fit that console, bin looking at getting it and look at the cobra 18wxstII to put inj it, what u think

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom