Another one joins the group! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

CONGRATS, ONE OF MY FAV LC.. VERY NICE AND CLEAN '' LOVE THE DECALS'':beer:

So I got bored today and decided you lube the window regulators and found this. Can someone tell what this little red box is for?
20151023_160308.jpg

Is the central locking relay used for the door locks?
There is no relay for central locking AFAIK.

Sorry, there is a relay for door locking, but it's not that you pictured.

Last edited:
In my hj61 with power Windows and central locking I have a relay inside my driver door that's control the central locking from my driver door. So when I unlock my driver door I unlock all my doors. This only works from the driver door. Might be some voodoo the previous owner installed ....

Merry Christmas mudders!

Ironman lift with foamcell shocks all around, heavy leafs front and back, bushings, u bolts and anti inversion shackles. BFG KO2 All-terrains 33x10.5...I can't waaaaaaait to get all this on :bounce2::bounce::bounce2::bounce:
20151218_181726.jpg

New pioneer head unit.
20151218_181749.jpg

New right hand drive tie rod ends from Cruiser Outfitters :)
20151218_184554.jpg

New tail lights
20151225_125519.jpg

Aaaaaaannndd..............

20151225_125542.jpg

Pretty cool shirt :hillbilly:

What is the max roof height with stock tires? I want to upgrade my 60 but dont think this truck could make it under many of the underground garages here in Vancouver BC.

Right now mine sits at 76 inches, 6ft 4inches (1.93 meters)....roughly. all I did was run a tape measure up the side.

Keep in mind I have a JDM with a high roof w/ 31 inch tires and the original leaf springs so it might be a little squaty.

So I made a little progress on the stereo install today before heading to work. I was able to make up a quick wire diagram as a refrence. Let me know if it looks correct.
20151226_045749-1-1.jpg

I got the dash mostly taken apart and old head unit out and was pleased to find out that the wiring still looks completely factory!! A rear thing these days :)
20151223_163738.jpg

20151225_145147.jpg

I was ready to connect everything up for a test run to see if there was any issues before I finalized all connections and cleaned up the wiring..
1) 24v connection
2) Converter grounded
3) double check relay connections
4) double check stereo wire harness to aftermarket harness connection

20151226_160516.jpg

All ready to connect, but wait, they sent the wrong harness! :bang: lesson learned, you win this battle amazon....
.......To be continued
20151226_161447.jpg

Your wiring diagram looks solid, but I would have put a relay on the step down converter as well or else it will empty your battery in a few days with the sitting.
I use dc-dc SSR for almost all my relays and would recommend it to others as well.

Thats definitely something that has crossed my mind. Currently my truck is a daily driver, so at most it will sit for is 2 days at home. Right now I'm not too worried about the batteries at this point because I will be ordering a 24v charger for when the truck is parked for long periods of time.

The head unit I have has a "save settings" option on it so in the cause of a dead battery, or in my case installing a relay in front of the converter and loosing memory, ALL setting are suppose to saved. I haven't had a chance to test it yet to see what settings are really saved. If everything does get saved, I will go ahead and install like you mentioned :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom