Official 200 Series Chat and BS Thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks guys.

Pardon my ignorance.

Need Seasuckers bike rack. I'm clipping bridges with my seat post -ha
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1436125771.019825.jpg

Those are swollen like broken arms

Kuat makes thee best bike racks. Check them out. I love mine

good call - the kuat is pretty cool looking and design / function

So what is the go with the fat tyre bikes? Are they for snow or sand or something? Or for "husky" guys like me that may need a higher load rating....:lol:

So what is the go with the fat tyre bikes? Are they for snow or sand or something? Or for "husky" guys like me that may need a higher load rating....:lol:

The tires are run at much lower pressures than road bikes, typically 5-15psi. This low pressure, combined with the width of the tire, give great flotation over loose stuff (snow, sand, gravel, dirt) and great grip on large rocks - very much like airing down the tires on our Land Cruisers.

My FatBoy is rated for riders up to 275 pounds. Not sure how that compares to other bikes.

They are not the bike of choice for long road trips, but can't be beat when going into the really loose stuff. It has opened up my biking year to all four seasons.

You can find many fun videos on youtube if you search "fat bikes on snow" or similar.

HTH

Last edited:
I remember the first time I saw one of those "fat bikes". Was out running on a trail and heard this noise coming around the corner. Saw it come around the corner and I thought I was looking at the Batpod from Dark Knight.

Anyone feeling up to the task please snap a photo of the front driver side and passenger side CV where it mounts up to the diff.
Thanks

Anyone feeling up to the task please snap a photo of the front driver side and passenger side CV where it mounts up to the diff.
Thanks
The things you do for cruiserheads... I was rolling around in the dirt to get these :lol:
20150707_011038.jpg

Drivers side:
20150707_010530.jpg

Passenger side:
20150707_010810.jpg

20150707_010815.jpg

Thank you kind sir

Pretty good price. I need a spare and know there were others as well. I'm in Atlanta so if 3 others want to sign up with me, I can make it happen.

I'll take one and we can use my shipping number to save on freight. He says 6 lug. Can you confirm 5 lug? Can you talk him down to $400?

Just do it @steenh , there will be people lining up to get them from you.

I'm working him now. It's about an hour from me... was hoping it was closer, but I'll work on making it happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom