What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (68 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Great thanks. I emailed the seller.

Now, any other great ideas to replace the one on the top for the lift gate? To the right of the license plate lights. Every time I open that I am scared that my tetanus shot may be tested.

are the crack/s that cause the ticking pretty apparent on your original manifold? If so where do they appear?

Thanks.

Cracks are usually not apparent and are usually at the flange on the engine side. Mine would tick till they got hot and would stop... Which I think is fairly common.

Great thanks. I emailed the seller.

Now, any other great ideas to replace the one on the top for the lift gate? To the right of the license plate lights. Every time I open that I am scared that my tetanus shot may be tested.

The one @crimsonaudio posted is where I got it too. Not sure I understand the need for more info. Take the screw out, put the new handle on. Sorry can't help, my lift gate handle was in good shape to begin with. Maybe could source new parts from a MUD vendor.

No I know how to do that one. I am looking for the one on the upper piece. It's not so simple. I priced out the piece at one point and it was $79.00

Cracks are usually not apparent and are usually at the flange on the engine side. Mine would tick till they got hot and would stop... Which I think is fairly common.

Yep, mine does the same.
I like those headers. They are on the chart but don't know when.

IMG_0070-L.jpg

New Toyo ATIIs Tires 295/75/16 (33.4x11.6) and painted wheels! The tires really present bigger than a 285/75/16 by a lot, seem closer to a 315. Essentially 285=32.7, Toyo's version of 295=33.4 and 315s generally = 34.5. For what I am doing, these should be great! And oh man these are silent compared to my MTs, I was running. Very enjoyable to drive again... I was thinking 315s were the right choice for the 100 but I have to say these 295s seem very spot on.

I did the airplane stripper on the 3 wheels that had the most damage from wheeling around the mall, but skipped that stage on 2 wheels that were not too bad. Just sanded those and one I did primer, the other I just sanded/no primer. All 5 look about the same, the no primer one probably looks the best.

IMG_0064-M.jpg

IMG_0055-M.jpg

pre-paint.. look
IMG_0051-M.jpg

stripped
IMG_0052-M.jpg

Primer Paint applied
IMG_0053-L.jpg

rattle canned..
IMG_0049-M.jpg

IMG_0054-M.jpg

Went a hepled out my buddy who got stuck in his 4runner, and on the way out found some kids who came back to get their truck unstuck from the day before. They brought with them a shovel, a few 2x4's, and a 2wd frontier. I figured we should lend a hand. BTW the truck wouldn't start. I just dragged it out backwards.

IMG_32611.jpg

IMG_32641 (1).jpg

Wash and wax.
Leatherique treatment.
New bushes and hardware for the sway bars.
Oil change, lube and rotation at the Dealer - $25 is such a deal!

IMG_1797.JPG
IMG_1800.jpg
IMG_1803.JPG

If you got out of the dealer for $25 no matter what happened you got a great deal

@80seriesnut - It was cloudy so I was trying to get the car warmer inside for the leather to absorb the oils, plus you can move the truck around if you need.

Nothing says fun like LOWER CONTROL ARMS!!!!

Noticed this along with some tire wear the other day (hint: the close one is bendy, unlike the other):

1.JPG

So I purchased some used LCA's from a MUD member, cut some angle iron to match, sanded them down, then gave them a soak in some Evaporust (stuff works sooooooooo well):

2.jpg

Clamped everything down, welded it up, then grinded / flapped disced down all the boogerwelds:

3.jpg

Best way I've found to shake up a rattle can:

4.JPG

Self etching epoxy primer, then Rustoleum Professional black
(loved how much paint came out of this can):

5.jpg

I'll post up the "installed" pics after the paint dries up nicely in a couple days. Now, off to some 4th of July festivities.

:cheers:

Love your shaker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom