2014 Dualcab Landcruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hello,

Sorry to hear that.

I am glad you are are fine.

Juan

Can't beat a set of HID spotters
Get a cheap led bar to accompany them and you have awesome spread beam

I believe LightForce have a HID model with stupid light .. BTW LED bars IMHO are for new models .. ( vehicles ) can't see it matching old lines on my Cruisers ..

Looking at getting the Fyrlyte nemesis lights they are 12v then upgraded to 24v and instant light, halogen though but I think I can live with that,

Good to know you are not that happy with those hi price ARB LED lights ..

Ouch! Heal well and share up pics of your next rig!

Looking at getting the Fyrlyte nemesis lights they are 12v then upgraded to 24v and instant light, halogen though but I think I can live with that,

Gotta love those Fyrlytes, great lights, they outstrip anything I've seen LED do as a driving light. You'll love them.

A mate and I put some on his 70 ute - well he handed me my tools and provided the beer. I was impressed with the build quality and that you can get all the parts as individual replacements, the Gore vents look the business too. Plenty of lights I've played around with have ended up wrecked because of water and dust getting in, which won't happen with these.

We had a bit of a night drive with them the next night, just to test them out, and they were fantastic. We tried spot and spread settings and it was easier on the eyes to have them both on the spread setting. This way you got much better side vision and less "pooling" of the light in focussed spots.

I've tried out a few LED setups and have come to the view that driving lights are the wrong application for the technology as it presently sits. They're overpriced and struggle to compete with a properly engineered halogen setup. I reckon they're ok for trails, and low speed work (like reversing lamps) and around town but I wouldn't want them as driving lights.

Dunno what the deal is but for me there is massive glare and starring from the three LED setups I've taken a ride behind (Lightforce 215, ARB Intensity and VisionX) and one thing that really threw me off them was how they seem to generate reflections off every drop of moisture in the air. There was a bit of light mist with the ARBs which were fitted to a new 200 and the view looked like a special effect from a movie set, I got back in my own truck with 110W halogens and it was fine.

One of my buddies has said the light from the LEDs on his wagon also bounces off small amounts of smoke way more than with the big light force halogens on his Ute.

I'd take the Fyrlytes ahead of any LED driving lamps that I've tried even if they were the same price, but they're quite a bit cheaper.

Oh - and no I've got no connection with them - just played about with a lot of lights!

Ironbark

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom