1980 FJ55 project (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Terrific looking swine. The amby doors are really cool. Keep us up to date on your progress. Great group of guys here! Best source of info on the FJ55s in the world!

What is your engine number? I think you maybe younger than the 1980 FJ56 firetruck

What is your engine number? I think you maybe younger than the 1980 FJ56 firetruck
I'll check the engine number.

More welding

image.jpg

The 1980 FJ56 firetruck has a 2f engine number of 382126, yours is definitely younger. Finalpigs 2f engine number is 459666. I am assuming Toyota factory engine numbers followed chronological order and you have the original block.

image.jpg
image.jpg
[
image.jpg
Gett'n it done!
Have been reading your project as a builders manual for my build. Great car you have there.

The 1980 FJ56 firetruck has a 2f engine number of 382126, yours is definitely younger. Finalpigs 2f engine number is 459666. I am assuming Toyota factory engine numbers followed chronological order and you have the original block.
Thank you for info. Looks like its one of the last.

My welding proceeds slowly, but peace by peace it's getting on. It's spring time in here and a lot of garden stuff to do that keeps me busy.
Just got the rear corners done. Next is front fender and drivers side rear door.

Thank you. The springs should be original.

You have some awesome metal skills!

View attachment 1068953 View attachment 1068951 [View attachment 1068952
Have been reading your project as a builders manual for my build. Great car you have there.

Thank you for info. Looks like its one of the last.

My welding proceeds slowly, but peace by peace it's getting on. It's spring time in here and a lot of garden stuff to do that keeps me busy.
Just got the rear corners done. Next is front fender and drivers side rear door.

Beautiful work! We need some updates...

I love that your taking a pig that most would consider a crush/part pig and restoring it. Brings a tear to my eye!

Haven't done much welding in last 20 years, but it's coming back. Nice change for office work.
In here we consider a FJ55 in a condition like this as a good one. Our cars get rusty really easy in long winter monts with a lot of road salt.
Been doing some rust protection and primer painting, cleaning surfaces for paint and some little things here and there. A lot of work with nothing visual.
image.jpg

Some progres. Got windows off and fixed the frames. Sandblasted front fenders and some small parts. Finally getting new primer paint in and its starting to look much better.
Even the weather here is turning to summerish.. 10-15'C on day time so you can work outside. Been a lousy spring.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

image.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom