Little Cubby above the radio (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all I am looking for a part number or description for the little cassette sized cubby above the factory radio on my 96 LC. I broke the clips installing an aftermarket radio. If anyone has one they can sell me even better!

Replacing with the same useless cubby or replacing it with a somewhat more useful cupholder?

55619-60010 according to toyodiy. Cup holder cover.

awesome guys. Might actually put a cup holder there.

And its on page one :flipoff2:
https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/80-series-did-you-know.847964/

screen-shot-2015-03-29-at-12-46-50-am-png.1052680

I'm waiting for someone to make something useful that goes there.

I don't need another cup holder, there isn't one made for my 52 oz. travel mug anyway.

I don't need a mic holder, my 2-way radio is not in the dash.

I missed out on the Gamviti switch bezel and apparently they are discontinued now.

Come on guys, gimme something I can use and take my money........

I missed out on the Gamviti switch bezel and apparently they are discontinued now.

I have one of these, seems there is a market there, perhaps we have to be at our wits end before we can get them again? ;)

The Gamviti one was just a cheap 3d printed piece of plastic, appears to be cheap to reproduce.

I made a plate / cover for the pocket opening out of some metal I had laying around and mounted my scan gauge to it. Did the same as the OP and broke the clip on the pocket trying to take it out (one clip was already broken when I bought it). However, I have the Tuffy center console with the real cup holders in front. I don't think I would ever use that flimsy one where that pocket was. Looks like a disaster waiting to happen.......

I'm waiting for someone to make something useful that goes there.

I don't need another cup holder, there isn't one made for my 52 oz. travel mug anyway.

I don't need a mic holder, my 2-way radio is not in the dash.

Come on guys, gimme something I can use and take my money........

It's not ready yet or else I'd even throw up a teaser. But there are plans ;)

75 bucks for the slee cup holder....yikes, can someone 3d print & sell for 1/2 price?

How about a few 5 amp usb ports?

Don't want a bunch of wires running down in front of the radio myself, but probably some folks wouldn't mind. Got a gizmo in the lighter socket for usb charging, keeps it all down low and out of the way.

I have this aversion to a bunch of loose crap moving around in my field of view. Never mind that in case of airbags going off a lot of stuff goes flying, it just seems easier to see oncoming traffic or kids on bikes or whatever coming at you without extra distractions. I see folks with five pounds of shiny junk hanging from their rear view mirrors and can't understand how they can even drive like that, but to each his own I guess. Job security for Paramedics and insurance guys...:meh:

Last edited:
Don't want a bunch of wires running down in front of the radio myself, but probably some folks wouldn't mind. Got a gizmo in the lighter socket for usb charging, keeps it all down low and out of the way.

Not down but up or to the side ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom