Npulver's 71 Fj55 Build "Sea Unicorn" (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I can't wait start welding something that isn't sheet metal. A ton of tack welds = a lot of grinding!

Ron, oh I loved my old dremel, after a few years of use on models ect. It's speed adjustment stuck on high. Ended up going in the garbage. Sadly never got around to replacing it. Sometimes all you need is a reason to buy new tools!

Man, that was a jig saw puzzle! Good job. Dremel tool is money well spent, I use mine a lot.

I just picked up the Micro to use on the dog's nails - I really dig the LEDs out front! Probably not a good candidate for grinding in the shop as it is rechargeable, but the LEDs are really helpful!

got back after it again last night. Got everything gound down on the top half, my sheetmetal work isnt the greatest on the floor (the long strip panel i did), ended up being wavier than i thought. something i can come back to at a later date. As of right now im going to press on and get some other things addressed. Plans for this week is do some internal frame and body channel coating with the sherwin williams product i have. Then paint temporarily the floor patches and the new metal, get it all back to one color. Need to figure out whats going on with the body mount bolts that the body mount guys sent me. They sent me two lengths. on my front mount the long ones are about 1/4 to long. On the rear body mount the bolts are about an inch too long. If you use the short bolt, its about 3/4 to short...frustrating for the price i paid. Moving on though...

didnt realize this came out so blurry, will probably retake another picture later.

better picture of the front.

everything is still "rough" i'll worry about smoothing everything out when i get to the paint side of things.

And at lunch i hit it with some paint to seal up the metal for now until the other side and quarters get done. Not too worried about following factory paint lines ect since its just temporary.

Finally to some temporary reinstallation! Nice to feel like this side is mostly done, i can atleast drive it now. Need to just get my mount bolt issue sorted out. Also need to get all the fender bolts that snapped off out, so i can put the fender back on for now.

Now im trying to decide if i should source out a drivers front door (the outside rust is the least of my worries) and a passenger rear door (body line is smashed, fixable, but will be a headache).

Shout out to local Cruiser head... Great job Nick! Wish I would have found this thread sooner.

Well, got a pleasant surprise in my inbox the Thursday, the P.O got a hold of me about some parts that he had stashed for the landcruiser and told me to come grab them if I wanted them! A Pig heads dream conversation! Some of my loot:

Passenger side doors (new style)

Box of misc, horns, relays, ect

Weather strips, lights, trim, covers, regulators, tailgate motor/assembly, ect

Door hinges (pass side), door regulators, floor factory scuff trim, and a front swing out glass (pass side).

Super stoked about my new toys. This weekend with the 1-2ft of snow were suppose to get, I might play with the tail gate stuff a little bit and see if I can get my window to start functioning a little better. Should be fun!

Well, got a pleasant surprise in my inbox the Thursday, the P.O got a hold of me about some parts that he had stashed for the landcruiser and told me to come grab them if I wanted them! A Pig heads dream conversation! Some of my loot:

Passenger side doors (new style)

Box of misc, horns, relays, ect

Weather strips, lights, trim, covers, regulators, tailgate motor/assembly, ect

Door hinges (pass side), door regulators, floor factory scuff trim, and a front swing out glass (pass side).

Super stoked about my new toys. This weekend with the 1-2ft of snow were suppose to get, I might play with the tail gate stuff a little bit and see if I can get my window to start functioning a little better. Should be fun!
Suhweet!

Nice stash! Did you say SNOW!

Ah yes! The infamous spring snow storm, usually happens every year. Their calling for anywhere between 8 to 24+ inches depending on location in the area. Im guessing we'll get about a foot.

On a more related note, in my last picture there are two sized red lenses. The smaller size is for your rear quarter, any clue what the large size one goes to?

Answered my own question I believe, 1958-9/73 FJ40 — Rear's perhaps? (looking off the SOR catalog)

Wow, been a little while since i've updated.

Pig is still sitting in slight disarray with both front fenders off waiting for me to tap out 15 or so busted bolts. I did however spend some money on the pigs now heart though. Maybe get it in this winter or spring. Only time (and money) will tell...

5.3, it'll get a rebuild and perhaps a medium sized turbo to help get the 37's moving a little better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom