What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (29 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wire brushed my rear axle and repainted some surface rust spots.
Tried to fit the spare Rock warrior wheel in the stock holding place under the rear end. That doesn't work. The bracket that goes through the center hole of the wheel is to large. The rock warrior wheel center hole must be a smaller diameter than the OEM wheels. Save your self the time. Maybe a new smaller bracket (that's attached to the chain) could be custom made. Doesn't look to difficult, I'm going to source some parts. Wonder if the tundra system could be fitted to the LC to make this work.

Tried to fit the spare Rock warrior wheel in the stock holding place under the rear end. That doesn't work. The bracket that goes through the center hole of the wheel is to large. The rock warrior wheel center hole must be a smaller diameter than the OEM wheels. Save your self the time. Maybe a new smaller bracket (that's attached to the chain) could be custom made. Doesn't look to difficult, I'm going to source some parts. Wonder if the tundra system could be fitted to the LC to make this work.
Can't recall who but someone cut a bit off the bracket to fit through the TRD wheels and was able to make it work

That's right I remember that post now. Good memory

That is quite confusing, I wonder why they would make the hub hole smaller, does the Tundra not have a hub centric raised lip on the hub? The bracket is 2 3/4" wide as I recall. Maybe you could use a Tundra bracket on the LC hoist? Pics would be helpful as well.

I have one too. It works....kinda.

I do like the look of it, so I think it will stay.

The OE Toyota hood protector destroyed the paint on my 80's hood. I hope the 200's doesn't make any contact.

So far so good. I have been inspecting it periodically.

Found the thread...heres how to fix the issue - SCORE!

Above the bracket at the end of the chain which holds the spare tire in place, is metal tube which surrounds the chain. This tube is welded to the bracket. The length of this tube prevents the bracket from being able to be inserted in the opening in the center of the TRD wheel. I took a Dremel tool and cut off about one inch of that tube. Now, with the shorter tube, the bracket can be easily inserted into the TRD wheel and then pulled into position securely in the stock spare tire location. It's a very easy mod, and has been documented by others - I can't remember where I saw it, however.

HTH

Changed the oil and filter out yesterday. At 5K is was getting pretty murky. Installed the Fumoto valve and did the switch over to the metal oil filter element. Only took us about 45 minutes, should be a little quicker next time around. The long parts were really just waiting for the oil to drain out.

The grille with chrome bits painted:

WP_20150419_08_14_57_Pro.jpg

WP_20150419_08_15_02_Pro.jpg

WP_20150419_08_22_49_Pro.jpg

WP_20150419_08_54_12_Pro.jpg

Last edited:
Wow that looks great. Details please, was it hard to do, paint you used, coats needed Ect

is that paint or plastidip?
Looks great!

What am I missing? I still don't see the images? Suspense is killing me :)

It's 4/20.. I didn't SEE the images either, just felt them :(

Sent from my extremely unreliable mobile device using IH8MUD Forum

Was fairly easy to do. Just took the grille out, then took out all the chrome pieces and then used Plasti Dip to cover them.

I can work on doing up a write up in a couple weeks or so. Going to need to redo the chrome outer ring. Was working under the hood tonight pulling cable and wiring and rubbed up pretty good against a section and rubbed some of the Plasti Dip off. Meh.

I will most likely end up actually painting it at some point down the road since i like the look. Make it more permanent.

Per your front plate - are you a fan of "the dude"? looks like your plate is Lebowski...could just be me

Let me explain something to you. Um, I am not "Mr. Lebowski". You're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

Yeah, well. The Dude abides.

Don't you love it when a quick check turns into a 3 hour job. Wanted to get camber adjusted and of course the cam was seized in the sleeve. Had to remove the lower arm and use ball joint remover to get it out. Luckily the rear cam was good. This also led to having the open KDSS valves to get the bar back down and into place. Alignment pic is the before. No I think I have a radial pull. Got alignment dead on but still pulls right. Off to discount tire I go today after work. If you run into this it is faster to just remove the arm instead of trying to beat it out
20150420_185920.jpg
20150420_185946.jpg
20150420_191235.jpg
20150420_200433.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom