Shop bike repair stand? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

KLF

Frame waxer
SILVER Star
Threads
I'm gonna get my bike back on the road after too many years of it hanging in the garage. It needs a full teardown and rebuild, so I need a stand to hold it. Any homebrew stands out there that work well? I'd rather make one, probably hang it off a Workmate.

You can buy the Park clamp only and fab it up to something else. Otherwise just buy a front skewer mount and a Workmate stand should be solid we ought to hold it....

You can hang it from the ceiling with a couple of ropes. It will swing around a bit but it's a cheap way to go.

Here's what I came up with, proof that there's nothing I can't over-engineer.

Bike on stand. Bucket is counter balance, about half full of sand.
IMAG0435.jpg

I have several bikes to work on so I made the bottom bracket saddle adjustable for different wheelbases
IMAG0436.jpg

Whipped up the fork mount with some scrap steel I had, and a skewer I scavenged off a bike that was in the scrap metal pile at the dump
IMAG0437.jpg

While I had the welder out, I made a truing jig that uses my dial indicator, it works really well
IMAG0438.jpg

Made the entire thing with scrap wood, steel, and hardware I had in the garage, total cost was $0.

Nice stand!!

There are some reasonably priced stands on Amazon with good reviews, and clamps you could bolt just about anywhere

Sent from my iPhone

Lengthen that front der. housing.

Lengthen that front der. housing.

No can do. That's the original stainless coil-spring cable housing. Ferrules are brazed on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom