Control Arms.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jvazquez53

El Tractor
Threads
Website
www.facebook.com
Do the front control arms have a slight bend to the sides?

No, as far as I know they can be swapped left to right.

What's going on?

No. I just replaced a slightly bent one in the front.

Just asked, I got a free one that's barely bent compared to the one that needs to be replaced that looks like a pretzel. Probably that slight bent can be fixed.o_O

Choque2.jpg

Wow! That's messed up! Looks like the sway bar mount is pushed over also. Must of been one hell of a hit.

I think replacing that lca is one of MANY items that will need to be replaced...

Wow! That's messed up! Looks like the sway bar mount is pushed over also. Must of been one hell of a hit.

radius arm bracket on the axle housing may be compromised also. Have seen this happen several times. John

It was one hell of a hit. The Mercedes that hit the truck was a total loss. I already have the replacement parts, (most of them). I'l post more pictures later... Frame machine got her straight.
Choque1.jpg
Choque1.jpg
20150316_141110.jpg

That is a bit of a bow, but have seen them bent much worse! That one is junk, ones with a slight bend can be straightened on a press. Check your steering stuff, especially the sector shaft on the steering box for twist.

The carnage... The Mercedes had a lot of internal damage... According to a mechanic on scene it looked like the car was a total loss...
20140225_165633.jpg
Choque01.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom