Factory FJ40 Soft Tops, Bikini Tops, and Dusters. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Random request, but do you have an option for a slightly wider bikini top? I am look for something to close the gap between the top of the factory hard doors and the traditional bikini. Its a little rainy here in the NW and I wanted to see if it was possible to cover that gap. I think it would be a popular option since there is currently nothing on the market that doesn't have that gap.

Thanks and keep up the good work! Maybe someday I'll have the funds/garage door clearance for a full top, but for now I have to settle for the bikini option.

Problem is no matter how wide I make it it's still not going to cover it. Roll cage is a smaller diameter. Only way is to have the soft top bows. But then you still have a height issue.

Problem is no matter how wide I make it it's still not going to cover it. Roll cage is a smaller diameter. Only way is to have the soft top bows. But then you still have a height issue.

Worth a try. Thanks for getting back to me. Looks like I am just going to have to find a taller garage so I can buy a soft top!

Marshall - do you (or does anyone) have a picture of what the Charcoal color PVC top looks like? I'd love to see a picture of it installed if there is one.

Thanks.

Here is Charcoal.

fj431.jpg

1551721_722507364501166_2115648539005095624_n.jpg

Thank you!

Update on the bikini for a 45

Nothing done yet. I do have a 45 in the shop. I'll try and get my peeps to come out and do some measurements.

Just to keep from drilling holes in the tub rail

I'd be interested in this, as well. I have a NIB OCD top (White canvas, just pre-business melt-down). I haven't drilled my tub as my Pilgrim bows don't fit and I need to cross that bridge first. A magnet retro-fit would be great!

So what was up with the pilgram bows?

The front bow (B pillar) is too wide. As I lower it into position, the posts start to bind. I can get it to sit about 1" from flush with the body. Hardtop fits my 77 just find, and there are no obstructions in the post holes of the body.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom