Survival Knife? (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You Sir, are a genius! I'd fly to where ever you are just for one of those! Screw convention.
Oh thanks and if you ever fly to Frankfurt/Germany...... ;)

This is my go to knife for big jobs like cutting open cans, camping, animals, skinning, and general abuse. Wasn't sure about the tanto blade at first, but it does well penetrating things. My everyday carry is a SOG Fielder Folding knife. As of the typing of this message, I'm 100% on survival rate.

image.jpg

@TXLX100 I've found a tanto-type blade like that to be pretty damn useful for general use. Not sure where mine currently hides; might have to source another. I like having the tip inline with the center of the handle. On a small enough blade, this makes for excellent control when using your finger on the back of the blade tip.

@JohnVee , I have a tango Gerber in almost new condition if you want one. I can't nstand tanto blades.

The tanto blade knife I bought is in one of the cars in an emergency kit I never got use to it. It kind of sucked for doing any carving other than straight notches.

@JohnVee my PMs are acting crazy. Here it is. I wear a size large glove for reference. I forget the model number. Tip down carry only.
IMG_20141218_202257870.jpg
IMG_20141218_202321421.jpg
IMG_20141218_202331975.jpg
IMG_20141218_202339959.jpg

2 "survival" knives. Both very simply re-handled. Late 1950s Forgecraft. My bias is kitchen knives so...

1418953578955.jpg

1418953621337.jpg

2 "survival" knives. Both very simply re-handled. Late 1950s Forgecraft. My bias is kitchen knives so...
I think the butcher knife is similar to what early frontiersmen would have carried. I've seen that style in a lot of old block prints. It only stands to reason, they butchered game in the field on a regular basis.

Straight black linen.

It's my first rodeo working with it. Hopefully it turns out good ;)

Straight black linen.

It's my first rodeo working with it. Hopefully it turns out good ;)
I've used phenolic for years in electronics manufacturing, very similar to micarta. It mills and shapes a lot like hard wood.

That's nice work. All D2?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom