1985 HJ75 Pickup (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

lol
not directed at you old mate, just an observation after owning a ****ty dodge truck and finding out the replacement ****ty parts came from Mexico.
Newer dodge trucks suck.
(hurts to say since i was a mopar guy till i got into Cruisers)
Living in the heart of farming / plantation country, where everyone drives a diesel pickup there are multiple choices.
Chevy ..... Decent truck, good Diesel engine. (Many customers are still jaded when it comes to GM's Diesel engines because of their crappy history.)
Ford ...... Decent truck, according to MANY they haven't had a good engine since the late 90's.
Dodge ..... Decent truck ( or so I'm told ), great engine.
Toyota ..... Farmers aren't interested because they don't offer a Diesel engine.
Nissan ...... Same issue.

Most of the Canadians that I know are very nice people. (there are exceptions)
The two countries will always be friends considering we need your oil and maple syrup. Florida couldn't survive the Winters without Canadian tourist. : )

Not tourists, occupiers. They wouldn't be so bad if they'd stay off the roads, but they drive like chimpanzees and circus clowns, mowing down pedestrians to get to the 2 for 1 appetizers.

Not tourists, occupiers. They wouldn't be so bad if they'd stay off the roads, but they drive like chimpanzees and circus clowns, mowing down pedestrians to get to the 2 for 1 appetizers.

And that's different from your elderly population in what way? :)
At least here in South Georgia we only have to worry about corn combines and cotton pickers blocking the roads.

And that's different from your elderly population in what way? :)
At least here in South Georgia we only have to worry about corn combines and cotton pickers blocking the roads.

Point taken. My grandkids think I'm one of those, but with the coolest truck. And they also think the reason grandpa drives his cool truck at or slightly above the speed limit is because I want to, not because the truck won't go faster.

I can easily outrun the farm equipment, now that I have tweaked the turbo, but since the average John Deere takes up both lanes and most of the ditch bank there is no where to go. : )

Most of our occupiers are out of here by mid-September. Photos below shows my winter commute to civilization - worst case, not common occurrence.

upload_2014-11-23_10-25-40.png

upload_2014-11-23_10-23-48.png

As it turns out, my first LED dome light had some quality control issues. I am currently doing "field testing" on an improved version that has a substantially thicker circuit board and larger bulbs. The new light is considerably brighter than the first LED dome light.
image.jpg

SNAKE BIT ....... :bang:
The first brake booster on my HJ75 lasted ~ 30 years, the second one ~ 4 months. Installing the 3rd one today.
Even on something as slow as a 2H powered Cruiser, brakes are necessary.

I can now stop without staining my underwear thanks to a new brake booster (FJ62), FJCruiser BMC, new front brake calipers and pads. The only original part left is the brake pedal. :)

I have had non-stop issues with 24v SMD panels for dome lights. They all burn out quick.
Tried half a dozen different kinds.
I really need some new seat covers. I wish those things covered the whole seat.

I have had non-stop issues with 24v SMD panels for dome lights. They all burn out quick.
Tried half a dozen different kinds.
I really need some new seat covers. I wish those things covered the whole seat.
I've had a homemade LED dome light in the HJ for going on two years now. My main objective with the seat cover was to protect the part of the seat where I slide in and out and this design is perfect for that. (They have storage out the wazoo which is a plus)

Last edited:
your kinda a cute kid but damn you got long ears ...
But I was one heck of an athlete. : )
I was picked first for all of the running and jumping contest.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom