35's... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Both KDSS and non-KDSS LC200's are available in Australia.

I stand corrected.
Thanks

We do have kdss in Oz. I just chose not to run with it as I knew I was going the 70mm icon kit with dual lockers. So didn't see the advantage in kdss at that level of mods.
No cutting of guards and I run an ARB bullbar so no need for cutting. No rubbing anywhere on full tuck and flex.
As mentioned in previous post, only rubbing is on uca on full lock.
I think the spc adjustables may help reduce this due to their shape and will also further improve caster and camber over total chaos uca's that I'm running at the moment.
The mtr's are from the U.S. And are the 315/70/17. They are a larger rolling diameter than mtz that I had in the same spec.

Willy,

Can you go into a bit more detail as to what Slee said about switching to 35s? I am interested in the "formula" I have heard about. All I am sure of is that he uses the Rock Warriors and retains the stock KDSS arms. Are the bumpstops part of that formula?

Slee said be mindful of the tire selection - nothing that bulges out too much on the sidewalls (rub). He said Duratracs (although they look good) were hard to make work with this set up. Has been done but at a cost (rub).

Yes - bump stops - front and rear
front suspension and rear w/ springs
UCA's
sway bar relocation bracket - Slee original not available
the "perfect" tires

I'm pretty sure I'll end up spending some time in my wheel well with a heat gun to make some more room in there. Christo said he rubs a little with his 35x12.5 Nitto Trail Grapplers but what does rub is not going to cause any major problems.

Thanks. Geez, that sounds like a lot of work.

To clarify I didn't ask Slee about components other than bump stops and tires. I gathered my info from others that have done this. Just kinda figured that was his secret to keep and I respect that.
Thanks

Starting to gather some good info here. Thanks! Sounds like 35x12.5 might be a good compromise. If I had my druthers I'd go 35x13s. I believe the duratracs come in that size along with toyo at2. I know with my 33x13s it is really close to hitting the sway bar at full lock and I'm running an 18x9 18+ wheel . Definitely would require an actual cut into the factory bumper which I want to avoid. Don't want to run any heavy aftermarket bumpers either.

Trail grapplers are a good tire too since nitto is a sub brand owned by toyo. Good looks to boot.

Starting to gather some good info here. Thanks! Sounds like 35x12.5 might be a good compromise. If I had my druthers I'd go 35x13s. I believe the duratracs come in that size along with toyo at2. I know with my 33x13s it is really close to hitting the sway bar at full lock and I'm running an 18x9 18+ wheel . Definitely would require an actual cut into the factory bumper which I want to avoid. Don't want to run any heavy aftermarket bumpers either.

Trail grapplers are a good tire too since nitto is a sub brand owned by toyo. Good looks to boot.

What do those monsters weigh? I know you have some high tech shocks on your Hundy, does the manufacture tell you how much additional unsprung weight they can control?

@kreiten after several years, I now have fitted 35s KO2 on methods mr704 bds 4.5” tundra lift front w/Fox Coilovers + dsc and tundra axle/arm conversion. Front fenders are trimmed. Body mount chop was not necessary. Front track width is ~82”. Rears springs are tough dog tour flex heavies. I will add spring spacer for extra lift on rear axle. No rubbing on front. Rear bump stops needs to be dropped slightly. Overall height is slightly less than 7ft.

FED6DE51-570E-4AEF-9113-1EE75F760387.jpeg

41274070-8CCF-4C1A-A8E7-42A77642910C.jpeg

Did you regear?

@Atwalz I’ll be interested to hear a review from you on a drop bracket lift.

In my past, they proved over and over to be one of the worst suspensions for an off road truck. Higher center of gravity with the same crappy articulation. Trucks would constantly be so much more iffy when on trail rides.

But... the 200, as we know, feels unlike any other Toyota when off road. Tacoma’s, 4Runners, and FJs feel like you wheel IN the rocks. 200s feel like you wheel ON the rocks.

So maybe this will be a good option, I’m genuinely interested.

@Atwalz I’ll be interested to hear a review from you on a drop bracket lift.

In my past, they proved over and over to be one of the worst suspensions for an off road truck. Higher center of gravity with the same crappy articulation. Trucks would constantly be so much more iffy when on trail rides.

But... the 200, as we know, feels unlike any other Toyota when off road. Tacoma’s, 4Runners, and FJs feel like you wheel IN the rocks. 200s feel like you wheel ON the rocks.

So maybe this will be a good option, I’m genuinely interested.

COG is definitely higher but as does ground clearance for transmission, TC and front approach angles. Kit seems to be well built drop brackets are 1/4” plates. On road manners are good but I am also mindful of elevation gain when I am driving it. I will report back on off-road as I put some miles on it. Benefits are better CV angles, stronger steering knuckle, better steering TRE angles, no rubbing, full travel up front, and good kdss link angles.

@kreiten after several years, I now have fitted 35s KO2 on methods mr704 bds 4.5” tundra lift front w/Fox Coilovers + dsc and tundra axle/arm conversion. Front fenders are trimmed. Body mount chop was not necessary. Front track width is ~82”. Rears springs are tough dog tour flex heavies. I will add spring spacer for extra lift on rear axle. No rubbing on front. Rear bump stops needs to be dropped slightly. Overall height is slightly less than 7ft.

View attachment 2451085

View attachment 2451086
LOVE IT! What a BEAST, Rubicon ready!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom