2wd to 4x4 SAS 1986 Toyota Chinook camper build (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

No interior pictures right now. I will try to post some up in November. I think next summer it will get an interior re-model. I had some electrical issues this summer using it and the cabinets/counter could be a little taller and narrower to give more storage and moving space inside.

Mine is still rolling on Land-cruiser steel rims painted with plasti dip spray flat black and rolling on 33x9.5x15 BFG AT tires.

I drove it a few times this year and it was a bit gutless with the stock rear end pulling the ATV or drift boat. I thought it was 4:56 but I am hoping it is actually 4:10 gears so when I change it to 4:88's to match the front it will make a bigger difference.

I should get around to re-gearing the rear end and getting a drive line in the front this winter.

Still needs a couple small things tinkered with like re-center pit-man arm (not quite on center), parking break, stereo, and a few other misc. things. but it is coming along.

Hopefully by next summer I will have all the little mechanical things finished and the interior underway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom