2015 70 series aftermarket (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This owner discusses how he got around the track issue at 4.15

That exhaust note is KILLER!

I have any email out to Garry at Multidrive in OZ to ask him about this. Initially he said that only the V8 models have the track width problem but as you all have seen- it is a wider issue (sorry couldn't help but use that pun.)

Multidrive has a much wider market if all of the Middle East and now 2015 Japan 70s are also messed up.

It's all 70's with the new nose, they widened the design for the V8, but ALL have the same chassis and front end. There never were new shaped 70's without the wider track, it's just that Australia got the V8 straight up as the 1HZ/D were discontinued. But the space under the hood of a wide nose 1HZ is awesome for touring accessories. I have one mate with a 2013 1hz troopy who flogs the guts out of it, 140km/h constantly along the hot desert hway (hotter than australia) and heaps of dune driving and he has never had any overheating problems which says a lot. But I still prefer the classic nose and dashboard.

got it. cheers.

Hi guys - I've owned a 2007 79 series V8 from new, and while we don't do the sand driving like in other places in the world, I cant fault the drive ability of this model over the old 70 series. The old model was great, but this model does everything the old model did - but easier and it feels better doing it. Much more stable truck while undertaking any sidling, or anything on an angle, great visibility looking over the front. Done a lot of 4WD in the last 7 years, and the difference in track has never been an issue. Yep don't look great when following from behind - but it does not seem to affect handling etc at all. Thought that may be useful. The only thing I've changed is the Tyre size to 285/75 16s, BFG MTs. It gave the truck an 50mm lift.

Hope that helps

Welby- thanks for your thoughts. I'm about to order a 2015 79 Series (Japan doesn't get the diesels, unfortunately, only the petrol V6) but I do appreciate your comments. I guess I'll live with the track difference and make changes only if it really affects the vehicle.

While I love Land Cruisers, Id take my second amendment rights to own FIREARMS over the ability to have Toyota Land Cruisers anytime!!!!!!
At some point, either a massive coronal ejection from the sun (read solar flare) or an EMP weapon will effect the western hemisphere. Your land cruisers may or may not work. All the guns that will protect me and my family will!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom