Ty's FJ62 SOA build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I need some help..
Im guessing the fan is hitting the shroud because the motor mounts are worn out. I checked them out and dont seem to be cracked or squishy. What do i need to look for? I dont want to go through all the work replacing them if thats not even the problem. What else could be causing the problem?

Im headed over to the shop get some of the bumper work done in a little. Pictures soon

Drive around without the hood and look to see if the motor shifts around while you are moving

or put it in park with the hood up, give it a little gas, have someone watch the engine bay. If they go "Whoa, the engine looks like it wants to jump out of the truck!", you'll probably need an engine mount. At least thats what I did for my friends 100.

Thanks for the input. I will have to try that.
Anyways.. here is todays work-
1413251441096.jpg

1413251473213.jpg

Cross bar added and all welded up
1413251549135.jpg

1413251618169.jpg

Will hopefully get the hinges and hoop done this week.

That looks really good, way better then the rear bumper I'm fabbing. I'm definitely going to need to make some quarter and taillight guards.

Thanks. It lookes a little funny right now, but once we get the hoop done and put the tire on it will look right.

Started the light bar today. I drove the cruiser out to the school farm to get started and found some sort of bar/rack in the scrap bin. It had some sweet brackets on it so i cut them up and shaped them a little. It had some pretty good tig beads on it. Impressive for a highschool student.
Here are the pics.
1413501586796.jpg

1413501610081.jpg

1413501623471.jpg

I need to figure out how to make the clamp..

I decided to take a break on the mounts and finnish my seats.. hopefully i will get them done tonight.

Its going to be nice when i get the swing out done. I need more cargo space!
1413504062406.jpg

About the fan hitting the shroud..do u have a body lift as well as the soa? I went just over an inch body lift and my fan hit the shroud when giving her the boot or body flexing over rocks n stuff. Had to cut the very bottom of the shroud

Just replaced my driver side motor mount. The plate on the motor side was completely detached from the rubber but couldn't tell when the motor was sitting on it. With the hood up you can see enough of the motor from the driver seat to tell, considering you're idling in gear with brakes on and give it a little skinny pedal.

How long and how many bananas was the install? Seriously considering this upgrade to my 60.

covers look great, bud

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom