Builds Previously known as the 'One Week Resto' now Pathetically keeping it alive... 500k (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ahhhh no rain in the forcast.... its a no doors day :)

photo.JPG

This past month has been extra rainy ... Look forward to clear days... But... Not that clear :)

I am a woose with really hot... My wife tells me Az heat is bearable because of the low humidity... She's been out a few times as a friend lives in Phoenix But I think I still wouldn't care for the heat so much... Still got the wooseee thing going on LOL

It's not that bad. It was only in the low eighties when I finished the mowing the grass this morning. With my cooler I have to cool the garage I'm able to keep it under eighty during the middle of day. When I took this picture it was 103 outside.We have low humidity now so it's still low humidity with the cooler. Once the monsoon started it will still be low eighties in the garage but unbearable humidity.

Toyota emblem 009.JPG

been helping a buddy of mine work on this... from scratch Steam Engine

he's been trying to get this built ... started a few months ago... trying to work out the kinks... built without machining parts.... some parts were borrowed from a small engine (crank, excentric and rod)

fun project !!!

MVC-044F.JPG
MVC-045F.JPG

Well I had an odd thing last week

Looked under my truck to find a new leak :)

Not that it's too odd... But... It was a very clean oil

Thinking it was the side cover I checked the oil and all was good ... Sooooo I moved on

Then I knoticed oil on the pass side fender... That was odd... And it was the same clean... Very clean oil... I investigated more to find that my coil was leaking

image.jpg
image.jpg

Rust pin holes on the bottom of the coil

The amazing thing is that I have been driving every day this last week racking up the mileage ... And the coil didn't kick the bucket ... Very happy with not being stuck in the side of the road :)

I had my spare Jacobs coil ... Painted over the chrome for a stocker coil look replaced my coil bracket with one I painted up 3 years ago and I'm good to go

The Jacobs coil that was on the truck has got to be 20 years old... And probably had 200,000 + miles on it

image.jpg

Has anybody heard from Henry Cubillan? After he sold the "princess" he vanished into Exile

@Exiled

Miss ya ... Hope all is ok
Henry is still around, neck deep in kiddos and a demanding job. He's still driving a built green hundy called the Watermelon, we coax him out for a Cruiserhead lunch or trail ride occasionally ;)

Tucker

Nah, he moved back to Venezuela and is planning to overthrow the regime. :)

been busy with the cruiser

had electrical and rust issue with the directionals

the light bulb you see dangling is attached to my trailer socket and ran out to the light housing.... alot of room in there when there is no steel to get in the way LOL

photo 1 (2).JPG
photo 2 (2).JPG
photo 3 (2).JPG
photo 4 (2).JPG

once i had the directional painted and installed i had an issue with the directional staying on and not blinking....

see link>>> https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/electrical-stumped-maybe.813195/

Took out my flasher and cleaned it and reset the airgaps.... .014 and .008

Like my steering wheel puller.... worked great !!

pulled out my turn switch... cleaned it and reassembled and cleaned my contacts for the horn

but.... non of this was the issue.... turns out it was a low wattage bulb causing the issue..... a big thank you to spotcruiser and Rudi (bj40green)

photo 5 (2).JPG
photo 1 (3).JPG
photo 2 (3).JPG

photo 1 (3).JPG

photo 2 (3).JPG

Henry is still around, neck deep in kiddos and a demanding job. He's still driving a built green hundy called the Watermelon, we coax him out for a Cruiserhead lunch or trail ride occasionally ;)

Tucker
Tucker,

Henry is a friend of mine when he lived in venezuela he lived very close to me. Is it possible for you to find me his phone numer or email because i'd like to contact him

Regards

Alvaro

been a long summer LOL

went over a buddy's and resealed his Ehsan canvas top ... canvas goodness :)

untitled 5.JPG

had these cool toyota plates at work... should have kept a few :)

untitled m2.JPG

untitled m1.JPG

truck is on the grass for several days while the driveway is drying from seal coating... i think my truck is drooling to mark its territory really soon

untitled d3.JPG

Thanks for the pictures Johnny I've forgot what green trees look like. Just a month away from when the trees will start changing colors in rim country here is AZ. Probably miss that as well.:bang:

Around here to get two 40s with FST bows together I would have to do it myself. Would think AZ would be loaded with them but that isn't the case.:meh:

I have some of the oddest conversations with my youngest son... he insisted i needed to have a helmeted guy ride with me... something about i drive fast... he doesnt quite realize yet that my truck is far from fast LOL

When i see these videos it reminds me of my little guy

lego.JPG

note to self.... when the noise starts... check it out and don't put it off :meh:

View attachment 942648

Pads are throw away anyway how does the rotor look? Turn or replace?

As for the noise it's not as easy to noticed with a FJ40. Only advantage we have in the southwest our windows are always rolled up on modern vehicles with good A/C. A FJ40 doors are probably off a well as the top.:rolleyes:

Pads are throw away anyway how does the rotor look? Turn or replace?

the rotor was cut once.... i think it should be good for another .... its the GM conversion in the rear.... the rotor's not even all that bad

As for the noise it's not as easy to noticed with a FJ40.

I will go with this :) it's much better than calling myself stupid LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom