Factory 1HZT (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I don't know why there are still people denying this engine.

Because there is no workshop manual for them and no one has ever seen one , probably because the engine has never existed.
Its possible Toyota were thinking about building them and changed their mind after part numbers had been released and literature had been released.
I had Toyota Australia run some alleged 1HZT piston part numbers through their EPC and it showed up as something other than pistons.

Unless a 1HZ with turbo is driven carefully ,it dies. When you release an engine you have to expect that complete nincumpoops will be driving it.
Hence ,the more rugged 1HD T was released.

This thread again. It's kinda cool, like our own ih8muddian Loch Ness Monster. :)

Look at the various families:
B:
IDI, NA: 2B, 3B, 3BII
DI, NA: 13B
DI, turbo: 13BT

H:
IDI, NA: H, 2H
DI, turbo: 12HT

HZ/HD:
IDI, NA: 1HZ
DI, turbo: 1HDT

=>there never was a factory combo: IDI/turbo.

With the exception of the 13B, you always had a IDI/NA and a DI/turbo choice.
Why would they, allegedly, offer a highly unsual IDI/turbo choice along side the 1HDT?

The only reasons I can think of are:
1. getting rid of stock: too many 1HZ engines, and adding a turbo to make them more easy to sell.
But, from what I understand, this engine is, or was until recently, still in production. So that can't be the reason.
2. 1HZT is significantly cheaper than a 1HDT?

The existence of the 1HZT just goes counter to all we know about landcruiser diesels.

The other reason is why would toyota release a 1HZ T and a 1HD T at the same time?

If Toyota released a 1hzt Australia would have got it to test in the bush and outback.

Credentials

In the bush and outback LandCruisers are the most popular car you’ll see. We rolled up to one service station and of the eight cars refuelling every one was a LandCruiser, of varying vintages. Mining companies and farmers are also big buyers of Toyota LandCruiser.

Australia is also the biggest market for LandCruisers globally, outselling any other country.

Its popularity means Australia has a big voice when LandCruisers are developed. So the sorts of things Australians demand – a grunty diesel engine, good tow capacity, reliability and a good touring range – are all taken into account.

Last edited:
Australia is also the biggest market for LandCruisers globally, outselling any other country.
Its popularity means Australia has a big voice when LandCruisers are developed. So the sorts of things Australians demand – a grunty diesel engine, good tow capacity, reliability and a good touring range – are all taken into account.
Not sure where they went wrong with the V8 diesel revs at cruising speed then.

Sorry. I guess I should've prefaced my post, saying: regarding landcruisers.
(in my opinion prados don't count :) )

but remember no-one ever said anything about the 1HZ-T being in a Land Cruiser, we're taking about a motor produced for a small bus, it now seems like a line of coaster chassis for bus manufacturers in a specific market in Europe, which is a completely normal thing in every market of the world with different regulations and client passenger requirements.

None of this should be a surprise to anyone, the 1HZ is still produced in Japan today for new vehicles - land cruisers included - for many markets. as has been said before it takes years to get a new motor to market, so having a few similar ones in development at the same time (1hzt, 1hdt) shouldn't be seen as absurd... toyota covered their bets, the 1hdt won out, the company lives on

long live the loch ness motor!

I am actually not surprised why no one has found 1HZ-T in 7 year as a lot of the guys like to make technical thread a chat thread. And how Australia is center of the universe for landcruisers and Toyota Diesels. FYI to our lovely Australian members that Toyota has other markets where it sells more cars and landcruisers than in AU, but that is the whole different thread to discuss. If you guys did not get 1HZ-T it does not mean that engine does not exist.

Last edited:
forgot to add some pictures
1HZ-T.PNG

Brand new Alternator for 1HZ-T(ONLY)
27060-17131 ALTERNATOR ASSY, 24V 85A 1HZT..HZB50
2014-08-28 09.24.28 (1125x2000).jpg
2014-08-28 09.24.31 (2000x2000).jpg

And how Australia is center of the universe for landcruisers and Toyota Diesels.
As an aussie, I say well said! unfortunately for some (but not all) aussies, the universe is a golden soil girt by sea

forgot to add some pictures

awesome!, I love how you lured a few more disbelievers out of the woodwork over the last few days before dousing petrol on the fire. classic! LOL

on a more serious note, where is this thing? can i get parts? just for the novelty I'd love a few more unique 1hz-t parts on my pseudo 1hz-t. I'm serious, PM me if its a possibility.

YanWiki does make a good point :hmm: although, as we all know, taking a HDT turbo and bolting it to a 1HZ does not make a factory HZ-T :doh:
:flipoff2:
now, should he post up the firewall tag showing the engine code as HZ-T then a believer i will become.
;)

YanWiki does make a good point :hmm: although, as we all know, taking a HDT turbo and bolting it to a 1HZ does not make a factory HZ-T :doh:
:flipoff2:
now, should he post up the firewall tag showing the engine code as HZ-T then a believer i will become.
;)

How long would a normal 1HZ with a 1HD-T turbo last when used in a bus? I couldn't see it getting past warranty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom