12HT + FJ60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

No im not saying that at all, was actually asking a question..see above question marks. To me the name vacuum shutoff means shut once vacuum is applied. does it have anything to do with the engine starting? Which is actually what he wants it to do. Again, asking

No im not saying that at all, was actually asking a question..see above question marks. To me the name vacuum shutoff means shut once vacuum is applied. does it have anything to do with the engine starting? Which is actually what he wants it to do. Again, asking

All I am staying is make sure your vacuum hoses are on correctly and it shuts down and the butterfly is closed. All that stops these 12ht's is that butterfly. The butterfly will stay closed as long as there is a good vacuum seal.

PS. Niffa, There is a mechanical stop lever on the IP that you can push forward to stop the engine, its spring loaded so it will return to the run position. I have seen owners put a choke cable on the lever to cut the engine this way if they don't connect the VSV.

PSS. When are you going to try and start the engine?

Last edited:
All I am staying is make sure your vacuum hoses are on correctly and it shuts down and the butterfly is closed. All that stops these 12ht's is that butterfly. The butterfly will stay closed as long as there is a good vacuum seal.

PS. Niffa, There is a mechanical stop lever on the IP that you can push forward to stop the engine, its spring loaded so it will return to the run position. I have seen owners put a choke cable on the lever to cut the engine this way if they don't connect the VSV.

PSS. When are you going to try and start the engine?
I know theres a stop lever. he wants to start the motor not stop it. Shutting off is easy

Itll sound horrible till it fires up completely. Iv ran mine dry accidently on an extremely steep hill..that was interesting.
Get as much diesel into it as poss and turn her over

Itll sound horrible till it fires up completely. Iv ran mine dry accidently on an extremely steep hill..that was interesting.
Get as much diesel into it as poss and turn her over
Good point. Im going to get the fuel line above the pump, and put it in a gallon of fuel, then have my friend turn it over. The pump should be able to suck it straight down without a problem. Once its going, Ill let it idle for a bit, shut it off, and hook it up to the real fuel system.

Easier solution: go get a new primer pump.

Any Bosch or Denso diesel shop should have a handful on the shelf, and the last one I bought was maybe $30.

Dan

Just bumping this with a part number for you...

Bosch 2 447 222 126

...and a pic from Lostmarbles (because it's faster than searching for and linking to my pic of the same thing)
primer3-jpg.402109

Dan

Hey guys! Thanks for the part number. Im off to NAPA to try to find a pump tomorrow morning.
Sorry for my lack of updates regarding the truck. As of now, nothing has happened. Iv been off working in northern california. I helped out on a fire retardant team that would mix retardant for Sikorsky Skycrane's

So now that I made a significant dent in my 12HT debt, its time to get it running!!!!

Next up is obviously the fuel system, then the wiring. Ill be updating much more frequently now that Im back.

And here we all thought that you were out playing with your new toy.
Look like you had fun though, those Skycranes are something.
Good luck with the finishing touches.

G.

Finally got some stuff done!!

Got my new fuel filter installed, and changed the old rubber fuel hoses to diesel specific ones so they don't get dissolved in the diesel.
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1408489980.786091.jpg

I also ordered my new priming pump which will be in within a week.

Next up is power steering. I'm picking up some low pressure return line when I get my priming pump. It's gonna take about 6ft of line to run from one side to the other.

My pressure line has been built, and should be in this weekend.
Stay tuned!

Another trick I've used in the past is to crack the bleeder at the filter. Then use and air hose with a rag in the fuel tank filler and slightly pressurize the tank. Can take some time but it will typically push the fuel up to the filter head.

The down side is I lost my
Blow gun into the tank.... 2 years ago....

Like your throttle cable adaption?
Pretty high-tech huh??

It looks a bit sketchy, but it's super solid and works great.
I'm going to trim the frayed ends, then put caps on them (I got some lead caps from a bike shop that just crimp on)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom