12ht engine idle up problem (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello to everybody,
I'm from Italy and I buyed a lovely hj61 with 12ht engine. km are around 300.000
I have a problem. When the engine is warm he doesn't hold the idle up and turns off. Getting it started again is a big problem. To keep it from shutting off I have to keep the engine accelerated.
Otherwise when the engine is could it started with an half turn of key and it holds up the minimum very well.
All the fuel filters are clean, fuel tank filter also. Do you what I can check to resolve it please?
Sorry for my bad English.
Federico

Hi Frederico,
first thing to do is encircle the problem. You need to find out what actually is shutting off the engine.
The engine has a idle up mechanism which will up the idle when cold or when the a/c is switched on. Maybe that is providing enough idle speed when cold - but after the engine has warmed up this devices are not longer active. (Does it still keep running with the a/c switched on?)
How is the idle adjustment ? have you tried to adjust the idle speed ?

if you have ruled out the idle adjustment I would take a look at the engines own shut off mechanism to see if that one is operating normally. This is a throttle / butterfly valve on top of the inlet manifold.
it should be hold open by a spring and when vacuum is applied shut close - that will normally stop the engine.
You can take the vacuum hose off and see if the engine will still shut off. Of course you are not able to switch off the engine using the key then. You can use the little lever on top/side of the injection pump instead.

check that - and let us know how you are getting on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom