How do I located threads I started (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mr Cimarron

DRIVE, BREAK, FIX, REPEAT
SILVER Star
Threads
First off I love the new forum so far. Only glitch is I can't find threads I started. Old forum there was a link "threads I started" or something like that on my profile page. Am I just missing it somewhere?

Found it although it doesn't list anything from the old forum yet. I assume it will be updated. Thanks.

On a similar note, when the XF forum was in beta, I could see a mini avatar next to threads I participated in. Now that mini avatar is gone from the forum pages. On the old forum software there was a little indicator next to thread names that indicated you had participated in that thread discussion. Any chance of turning that feature back on?

[edit: its showing up on some but not all threads that I have participated in. For instance, I can now see my mini avatar next to this thread heading but not ones from "before XF", I'm guessing.]

Last edited:
correct, the "pre-xf" threads did not update with the mini-av...hmmm...unsure if that's an update-abie option or not...

Found it although it doesn't list anything from the old forum yet. I assume it will be updated. Thanks.

Where did you find it??? I stumbled on it a few days back but now that I need to find threads I started i can't seem to locate the magic button.

No link to that showing up in the sidebar (Account, Conversations, Settings) so I'm obviously missing something.

Thanks for the reply. I found the profile link under "Members", "Home" and "Forum" page But not under "Accounts" except for the quick navigation menu. Maybe needs to be included there? Or is there some security issue?

Then use the Search....click the "more" link at the bottom for additional options, and narrow it by date.

so, I click my mouse cursor into the search box...and I see "more" at the bottom...and I see a down arrow to the right of that...and mouse over that...and one of the 4 options is "your threads"...so i select that...and get 6 pages of threads I started back to 2010...selecting page 6 and scrolling down, I see the option "find older messages"...select that, and it grows to 10 pages and back to 2008...I can then select "find older messages" from the last page, and the list grows AGAIN back to 2006...so, I select "find older messages" yet again from the last page of the search results, and AGAIN, more messages appear...now back to 2005...

and so on, and so on...lol

Hope that helps :)

That is awesome info - I never noticed the down arrow in the bottom right of the Search box.

Interesting observation - when I try this method and select "Your Threads", I get "No Results Found"

:-(

4-25-2014 3-58-32 PM.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom