Dad's Montana 80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dump the so called caster correction bushings as they don’t correct anything. Plates or much better, aftermarket control arms for a return to Toyota 80 caster in spec.

Thanks for sharing!

Dump the so called caster correction bushings as they don’t correct anything. Plates or much better, aftermarket control arms for a return to Toyota 80 caster in spec.

Thanks for sharing!
Interesting.

I pressed in those bushings when I did the OME kit a couple of years back. I haven't had any caster/vibration issues with this lift, so I'll probably leave it alone.

I will say that it was a PITA getting those in.

Interesting.

I pressed in those bushings when I did the OME kit a couple of years back. I haven't had any caster/vibration issues with this lift, so I'll probably leave it alone.

I will say that it was a PITA getting those in.

What’s your caster spec?

Thanks for sharing!

I have made many friends, many adventures and irreplaceable memories over the years via Land Cruisers (and Nissan Patrols). I have had a few customers as well who wouldn’t sell their Cruiser for a million dollars due to the history/family with the Cruiser.

I spent my 36th bday camping on Fraser Island in Australia out of a Hilux, a trip I will never forget. It is due to these trucks I went. Just one of many memories I have from Japanese 4wds.

That’s one of if not the greatest things about these trucks.

Cheers

We've finally had enough heat the last week or two to melt the snow on some of the local national forest trails. Went for a drive after lunch with the heat on and window down. Exercised the diff locks and just idled through the woods.

Happy Friday.
IMG_5444.jpeg

Great way to keep your father's legacy alive and inspire the next generation to enjoy the great outdoors in the Landcruiser. My father passed away last year and he was always asking about my 1994 Landcruiser and what I was going to do to it next. It gave us another way of bonding in those last few years when his health was deteriorating. I like to think he is riding shotgun with me everyday even after his passing.

I like to think he is riding shotgun with me everyday even after his passing.
That's how I feel as well. And your story sounds a lot like mine.

Every time I take this 80 on a trip or make a modification, I ask myself whether he'd approve.

I know he'd want me to drive it and make as many memories as possible.

As @SNLC alluded to...these are more than cars to many of us.

Great thread, I'm rolling in my old Man's 80 as well. Similar story as he bought it new and drove it until he couldn't anymore, lots of great memories. Mom was going to have it towed away and I sent a truck for it. I've got about 4 years with it now and will never sell it, she-it we both have Mustard 40's as well.

Carry on!

IMG_2364.jpeg

IMG_1872.jpeg

Great thread, I'm rolling in my old Man's 80 as well. Similar story as he bought it new and drove it until he couldn't anymore, lots of great memories. Mom was going to have it towed away and I sent a truck for it. I've got about 4 years with it now and will never sell it, she-it we both have Mustard 40's as well.

Carry on!

View attachment 3611362

View attachment 3611363
Fantastic!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom