100 Series Not Getting Fuel (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My 100 series didn’t start the other morning so I took the upper intake hose off and sprayed in some starting fluid and it wanted to turn over. So I disconnected the fuel line going into the fuel filter and when turned over no fuel came out. I had this problem about four months ago and replaced the fuel pump and it worked great. I took out the hanging rack again and nothing was wrong, then I kinda moved it around and put it back in to see if it would work; nothing. So then I tested the wiring harness that is on the fuel pump lid and using a multimeter and it has no power and the resistance reading is null. And continuity reads like 462 ohms. The only thing left is the relay fuse; replaced the 20amp already. Any suggestions on what it could be? Thanks

"it wanted to turn over" I assume means. Engine was turning over (cranking) but wouldn't fire-up (start).
Keep in mind. Engine must be cranking for fuel pump circute to send power to pump. Although, it can be run from tech stream engine off.

The fuel not flowing to or out filter, while cranking. Is fuel pump failing to run.
Either your new fuel pump is defective. Not common with OEM.
Or
No power to pump.

I'd jump the pump with 12Volt. Make sure it's working. Then move on to end to end fuel circuit testing. this is best done using the FSM (factory service manual) step by step tree.

UPDATE: replaced relay fuse, still no fuel and fuel pump wiring harness is still not getting power. I have no idea what to do now. Any help?

Did you determine relay fuse bad?

You've not stated year or model.
Have you checked for any DTC (code) in tech stream.
Was the fuel pump you installed OEM, Denso or aftermarket.
Is immobilizer light going off when key insert into IG SW.
Have you check the wires to crank position sensors. (Often after Timing belt service, they're routed wrong. Results in fan belt cutting wires)

As I suggested. Testing fuel pump is where I'd start. Making sure I can hear pump run, fuel flows from filter and pressure within spec.
Fuel Pump test.JPG

As I also suggested. You'll need the FSM, to help you work through the fuel circuit.
This is just in general.
generic Fuel system.JPG

This is just in general.
037.JPG

This 2000 LX470
Fuel tank 11-27-18 (2).JPG

There is a fuel cut-off switch. It's design to cut fuel pumps power, in the event of accident. I've never had to even look for it. But I think, it's under dash near IG switch.

It is a 2000. As stated before it is a new fuel pump and no fuel to the filter. Pump is oem. I don’t have any power to the pump whatsoever. Immobilizer light does not come on. I have not run for codes yet. Timing belt was serviced about 40k miles ago so I assume it’s not that (previous owner). I will get a code reader and hopefully find something there.

It is a 2000. As stated before it is a new fuel pump and no fuel to the filter. Pump is oem. I don’t have any power to the pump whatsoever. Immobilizer light does not come on. I have not run for codes yet. Timing belt was serviced about 40k miles ago so I assume it’s not that (previous owner). I will get a code reader and hopefully find something there.
"don't have any power to the pump" You'll not unless "engine crank" and circuit function properly. The only exception to "engine cranking" is activating the fuel pump, from tech stream.

To be clear: Engine cranking, Is a term that means the crankshaft is turning.

Don't assume wires not cut, just because it's been 40K miles.
A quick look may be revealing.
This crankshaft position sensor and oil sending unit wire routed wrong. Took many miles, before belt rub on them became issue.
Engine wire harness main (1)a.JPG

Crank wire routed wrong.JPEG

Further testing may be needed
IMG_4853.jpeg

IMG_4852.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom