What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (53 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm gonna guess that times have changed since then. There have been several 'Mud threads lately about the difficulty getting the correct older seals and problems fitting the new ones, though now I hear that some of our better venders can still get the good ones. Valves themselves are hard to find, some being NLA.

I ran Chevy valves in my 2F head at the last rebuild on the advice of Jim C. 1.50"int & 1.84"exh iirc. You can then use a stock Ford 11/32" valve seal without altering the head at the seal boss. Just an FYI.

I installed the rack lights a few nights ago but hadn’t installed the harness or powered up the lights, untill today. The switches work great and the lights are extremely bright. The three 5” ambers are blinding bright.

Sadly, the harness is about 1ft short to the battery so I’m going to have to splice and extend it.

Last edited:
I had ordered the Toyota headlamp light kit a while ago…..the one for$40…. Finally opened it up tonight so I can get it ready for install. The wire harness included is at least 5’ too long. Looking at different places to mount the relays and keep the wiring out of harms way. Obviously no shortage of zip ties

I see cruisers with mulch, 40's with green grass beside them, tops being removed, allow me to interject a little skiff of good 40 driving weather from the mountains.

20240323_145834.jpg
20240323_150011.jpg

Last edited:
Great pictures you guys !

The town my wife and I were from in VT (Jay Peak) literally start the ski season in December on good years and then things REALLY get going in February and March…current getting 4-12” every day for the last 2 weeks….easily Mid April or later

Finally able to get out to the truck and do the headlamp kit… simple job but did anyone at Toyota ever measure the distance between these head lights?
I’ll get under the truck and place that wire properly as my knee feels better but there is a lot of it.

IMG_2076.jpeg
IMG_2079.jpeg
IMG_2080.jpeg

Engine mounts welded in. Saginaw box and adapter kit in. Advance Adapters sold me the FJ60 transfer case support/crossmember but it isn’t going to work. Will order the propeller mount.

IMG_4680.jpeg

Coolest thing though was being able to adapt my original horn button and guts to the 15” GM 1947 to 1952 replacement steering wheel. At least something is original ;)
IMG_4668.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom