Shift Plates (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Bling bling, looking good on my 43!
1610577274131.jpeg

Hi. This confuses me, as the manual locking hubs are also mentioned in the user manual so I assume it came from the factory in that way. By twin sticks I meant 1 gearshifter and 1 H2/H4/N/L4 transfer shift stick. Maybe that is incorrect
The wording is the same as the factory. If you want verbiage added like before engaging in 4wd turn locking hubs in. I never added it because many wanted it to look like the factory ones. Or what ever words you all want. But I would appreciate a consensus so I only do it once.

What tape or adhesive did you use. I don't drill them, because I had people ask for not to be drilled. Also if I drill them I cant guarantee the hole location will be right for every one.
Some old 3M strip I had from work. Not sure how long it will last, but my glovebox didnt have any holes anyway, so easy decision

Some old 3M strip I had from work. Not sure how long it will last, but my glovebox didnt have any holes anyway, so easy decision
I really like the 3m foam industrial double sided tape strong enough we use to use it for holding parts when milling but its too thick if memory serves me. That was some 30 years ago. Umm I think I'm getting too old. Problem with drilling them is the bit catches and bends the plate unless you sandwich it between wood then hard to figure where ya drilled it.

I really like the 3m foam industrial double sided tape strong enough we use to use it for holding parts when milling but its too thick if memory serves me. That was some 30 years ago. Umm I think I'm getting too old. Problem with drilling them is the bit catches and bends the plate unless you sandwich it between wood then hard to figure where ya drilled it.
Drilling a small hole in thin sheet requires using high speed and a sharp bit. Obviously clamp the work piece so it can't shift.
Proceed slowly and it won't grab. ;)

One product to attach it to the glove box door is carpet tape. It's as thin as cloth tape but sticks like sh!t to a blanket!

Last edited:
The wording is the same as the factory. If you want verbiage added like before engaging in 4wd turn locking hubs in. I never added it because many wanted it to look like the factory ones. Or what ever words you all want. But I would appreciate a consensus so I only do it once.
I agree to keep as original. Will make mental not to stop whining

I received my shift Plate and Bypass Hose yesterday. These are outstanding, quality, and beautiful pieces of artwork. I can't wait to get these installed.

I’m in need of a non drilled 4 speed shifter plate for a 1976 FJ40. I recently upgraded to a 4 speed (my ‘76 from Colombia had the 3 speed). The shifter plate I purchased from CruiserCorps came pre drilled and holes do not line up.
3ABA1FDA-F6B4-49FD-A71F-9B6B9B821977.jpeg

16953580-F113-425E-8BB3-A53B9D1CBD25.jpeg

I plan on riveting as I believe that was factory installation after 1974.

I’m in need of a non drilled 4 speed shifter plate for a 1976 FJ40. I recently upgraded to a 4 speed (my ‘76 from Colombia had the 3 speed). The shifter plate I purchased from CruiserCorps came pre drilled and holes do not line up.
View attachment 2931333
View attachment 2931334

I plan on riveting as I believe that was factory installation after 1974.
Pm sent

that is one reason i dont drill them some use double sticky back 3m tape others transfer drill the box. The drill nig will cost
Me several hundred to have made and like you said may not fit afterwards. Takes a lot of plates to pay for the jig. What is tbe center to center holes on top/bottom and on sides for a reference for me. Your plate will be undrilled.

help me solve the problem all the mudders created before you Im done other wise my wife doesnt understand it and refuses to help. and im not throwing another rat trap in the mess untill I get it worked out. I charge 50 plus the regular plate cost to get the vendor to do these new ones. Ill eat the cost of the 50 if you put the correct name to the correct plate. ITs the word double, doubler, twin oem stick that its just to much. And automatics--- if the forward speeds are 4 over drive or not to me its a auto 4 speed but nooooo its a 3 speed with over drive now another one. HELP

I’m going to put some time in on Monday to try and help organize it. I’ll try to help if I can. Let’s try and talk on the phone or something on Monday. This is an option I don’t think Mudders want to go away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom