8x Series V8 Swaps (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have not, gonna have it towed to my tuner will let you know what he finds
Actually he is coming here Thursday, just more hurry up and wait...

Sooooo…. This is happening.

IMG_2688.jpeg

Actually he is coming here Thursday, just more hurry up and wait...
Learned a lot yesterday, the tuner I used this time was a local guy. Just part of the problem was me opening up the intake side to flow more air, he showed me several problems with the original tune. VVT was on, when it got under load timing dropped to 6 degrees and a bunch more stuff. Now this thing runs like I always hoped it would, I am a happy camper now!
B9A28595-E55B-4D0B-9FB6-AF1811F0E021_1_105_c.jpeg

Learned a lot yesterday, the tuner I used this time was a local guy. Just part of the problem was me opening up the intake side to flow more air, he showed me several problems with the original tune. VVT was on, when it got under load timing dropped to 6 degrees and a bunch more stuff. Now this thing runs like I always hoped it would, I am a happy camper now!View attachment 3559241
I am happy to see your swap working out Tim! Big Congratz!!!

Learned a lot yesterday, the tuner I used this time was a local guy. Just part of the problem was me opening up the intake side to flow more air, he showed me several problems with the original tune. VVT was on, when it got under load timing dropped to 6 degrees and a bunch more stuff. Now this thing runs like I always hoped it would, I am a happy camper now!View attachment 3559241
did you go on dyno or driving and tuning
i tried to find someone to tune mine ire in wisconsin and no shop wants to touch it because law about emissions

did you go on dyno or driving and tuning
i tried to find someone to tune mine ire in wisconsin and no shop wants to touch it because law about emissions
Did a driving and tuning, don't know of a 4 wheel dyno near me. I'm sure a dyno tune would get me more horsepower but it has plenty it is drivability I'm after. It still needs a little bit more tuning to get it spot on but I'm gonna drive it a bit before I have it fine tuned.

AC hose kits almost ready to go live on the site 😄

These are the firewall and condenser adapters.

8A8F831B-B472-43DE-96D0-2BE7E94E828C.jpeg

Are people just using the stock LS water pump that came with their chosen LS motor?
I'm using an LY6 engine but as I've rebuilt it I wanted to put new accessories on it i.e water pump, tensioner & pulley,
and I'm probably going to go mechanical fan clutch!

Are people just using the stock LS water pump that came with their chosen LS motor?
I'm using an LY6 engine but as I've rebuilt it I wanted to put new accessories on it i.e water pump, tensioner & pulley,
and I'm probably going to go mechanical fan clutch!
I had to change my water pump on my lm4 but only because the top outlet location made it impossible to fit an air intake pipe.
Screenshot 2024-02-27 at 8.09.31 AM.png

I have a 93 LC. I also have a 5.3 lying around and a parts truck with a 700r4. Anybody use a 700 instead of a 4l60/e? Haven’t really seen anything concrete when searching. Thanks in advance. This might influence what I do with this rig.

non-electronic autos are pretty terrible. I can't see using one in the year 2024.
Budget is definitely the highest concern here. That’s why I’m asking and I’ve driven plenty of old chevys and don’t think they drive too bad.

Budget is definitely the highest concern here. That’s why I’m asking and I’ve driven plenty of old chevys and don’t think they drive too bad.

With low enough standards anything is possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom