What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (31 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Not going to steal @Chungas Revenge ’s thunder but the Mule is lined. A little bit of wetsanding and she’ll be back on the chassis.
E9ECEB95-DB4C-4A30-93EA-65CC04291781.jpeg

Not going to steal @Chungas Revenge ’s thunder but the Mule is lined. A little bit of wetsanding and she’ll be back on the chassis.

Not my thunder, I just carry the mail. 😉

All credit where credit is due. RCLC laying it down. Nice contrast in the driver side foot well. Teaser shot of the aft section. IMHO, The tone on tone contrast between the liner and paint really catches your eye..🤩

Take (another) bow RCLC…

Edit: *Posting additional pics over on the Mule thread.

20A91D28-3BA2-433D-9E06-432181C0264A.jpeg

0F14809F-92B2-4B74-B50B-61C2A84C3FDB.jpeg

Last edited:
been working on the paint - didn't realize how crude it was until I started really looking at it. these are some of the worst of it just to show the progress

View attachment 3564867

View attachment 3564868

View attachment 3564869

View attachment 3564870

View attachment 3564871

I am surprised you have any paint left after all that! Is yours "two toned"? Beige on the outside and blue interior?
Mine looks similar and it is perfectly normal. As long as the paint is applied thick enough there shouldn’t be any concerns with sanding and buffing out the orange peel as long as you are wet sanding. I have 4 coats of paint and 3 coats of clear that I will be wet sanding this summer.

IMG_0542.jpeg

IMG_0565.jpeg

You can see that I shot the side of the hood a little thick. It is wet enough to have a deep shine from other angles so I’m fairly confident that the orange peel will sand/buff out.

Last edited:
I installed the Sylvania headlights tonight. They are so much better than the old ones. These produce a nice bright, white beam. Great improvement!

Also, took a short video of the engine sound at high rev and at idle. She doesn’t skip a beat.!!

Looking great with those new headlights. The engine sounds perfect now. Cheers!

IMG_1930.jpeg
IMG_1931.jpeg

This arrived today UPS… I am a bit anxious to get out to the pole barn and do something…can not drive yet and if I should accidentally fall, my wife will go ape s#!t so I debate the value currently of trying to unscrew a tire valve cap or keep watching tv

View attachment 3565247View attachment 3565248

This arrived today UPS… I am a bit anxious to get out to the pole barn and do something…can not drive yet and if I should accidentally fall, my wife will go ape s#!t so I debate the value currently of trying to unscrew a tire valve cap or keep watching tv
You’ll also be able use OEM Toyota zip ties on other projects…..

You’ll also be able use OEM Toyota zip ties on other projects…..
You know that when I opened the box and saw the big bag of zip ties…I wouldn’t have thought that many would be needed and I have several other uses for the bigger ties.

I may start pulling my Sniper parts and getting read to lay them out on the parts table. I’ll bet that harness is a good candidate for zip ties and tape

Last edited:
Replaced all the vacuum lines in this all original 77 High Altitude 40. And broke ground on the Rubber City Land Cruisers HQ. View attachment 3565718View attachment 3565720View attachment 3565722
Congrats! I recently did the same thing to my ‘77 replaced all vacuum lines except 2 I had a hard time getting to. Did you repalce the two vacuum lines of the side of the carb closest to the air cleaner/head? If so what was your technique to get those on? I can’t get my hands to fit between the air cleaner/head and the carb to get 2 vacuum lines on. Thanks!

Congrats! I recently did the same thing to my ‘77 replaced all vacuum lines except 2 I had a hard time getting to. Did you repalce the two vacuum lines of the side of the carb closest to the air cleaner/head? If so what was your technique to get those on? I can’t get my hands to fit between the air cleaner/head and the carb to get 2 vacuum lines on. Thanks!
This isn’t a stock carb(yet) but the one closest to the head came right off. And I was able to use a pair of needle nose to go back on. On some of the others I needed to make a small cut with a straight razor as they were hardened onto the nipples.

You know that when I opened the box and saw the big bag of zip ties…I wouldn’t have that that many would be needed and I have several other uses for the bigger ties.

I may start pulling my Sniper parts and getting read to lay them out on the parts table. I’ll bet that harness is a good candidate for zip ties and tape
With OEM zip ties, you’ll bring quality to any project that you decide on. lol.

This isn’t a stock carb(yet) but the one closest to the head came right off. And I was able to use a pair of needle nose to go back on. On some of the others I needed to make a small cut with a straight razor as they were hardened onto the nipples.

You just wanted to use “hardened” and “nipples” in the same sentence. Well played I admit, but this is a public forum hombre..😁

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom