Back in the club! New to me 2007 FJ Cruiser (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It’s a press operation. Get the flange (comes with a sealed bearing in it) spring washer, the sleeve the seal rides on, a o-ring, and a new circlip. Partsouq.com for the best price on these parts.

It’s a press operation. Get the flange (comes with a sealed bearing in it) spring washer, the sleeve the seal rides on, a o-ring, and a new circlip. Partsouq.com for the best price on these parts.
Thanks! Do you have a link to that part, I'm going to check where you just said, just in case I can't find it.

I had planned on ordering the retainer and just changing it out since the bearing is still fine. According to the paperwork they did an r&r on the bearing..... I don't know what they actually did, they didn't fix it. I also found that the wheel sensor didn't have a nut on it. I'm probably going to contact the guy I got it from and just tell him hey don't use that shop again in the future because I don't think they know what they're doing.

I think they literally pulled the axle shaft, change the seal and put it back in, then charged him $500.

Left bearing 42460-60010 retainer (seal runs on this) 42423-60050. Circlip 90520-41019. Spring washer 90208-44001. Oring 90301-83002. Seal 90310-58003.

Left bearing 42460-60010 retainer (seal runs on this) 42423-60050. Circlip 90520-41019. Spring washer 90208-44001. Oring 90301-83002. Seal 90310-58003.
Thanks! I didn't want to forget to order something especially with it being close to Christmas season and then being delayed any further. Much appreciated

Are you going to do the press work yourself? If yes, then read this.

Are you going to do the press work yourself? If yes, then read this.
Yes, I'll check it out. Thanks

That link goes to my specific post on rebuilding the axles, despite the thread title.
Great info! Thanks. I just looked.

Luckily my friend has a jig he made out of a old Toyota axle for removing the bearings. If you had to buy manufactured kit which one would you go with? I've seen several styles ranging from $80 up to 2 to 300.

I might end up picking one up just for the future. I do enough stuff with Toyota as I should have one on my shelf.

Got my new seat belt installed yesterday, I feel going with a new one is just the way to go. I think it was $168 from the dealership. I found a couple cheaper online, but it has to be shipped as hazardous material due to the charge for the pretensioner.
PXL_20231208_163831731.jpg

I was able to fix my parking brake, super easy. I had read on the internet that sometimes the mechanism would get gummed up and not work, but I couldn't find anybody posting exactly which piece it was.

I'm going to post a picture now showing what I did. You can literally pop up that one portion on your center console, I don't even think you need to remove the whole thing like I did.

I sprayed this right here and used a little pick to manipulate it after I spray it with WD-40. I do this while moving the e-brake up and down eventually the push button on the end freed up.

PXL_20231220_154939578~2.jpg

PXL_20231220_154942716~2.jpg

Picked up a little bit of surge pay at the hospital this week, decided to treat myself lol

Curious to see the quality, but both of these had good reviews when I did some research.

Always shop around, believe it or not the cheapest price on the internet was AutoZone which was shocking.
Screenshot_20240102-135915.png
Screenshot_20240102-135849.png

Super simple install, probably took me 45 minutes total. I think if you have some rust it maybe a little bit more complicated. Everything went together as it should, I cut the rear part of the exhaust just to get it past the rear axle. Other than that all it took was basic tools.

First impressions are that it sounds a little bit more throaty, but it's not loud at all. I'll be curious to see what it sounds like when I start driving it.

PXL_20240104_210408488.jpg
PXL_20240104_210022465.jpg

Looks good. I would crush that tip hanging out the back. I left mine tucked up against the frame rail in the back with a slight turn down. I need to replace my muffler soon though, as I can hear the innards rattling around in it.

Looks good. I would crush that tip hanging out the back. I left mine tucked up against the frame rail in the back with a slight turn down. I need to replace my muffler soon though, as I can hear the innards rattling around in it.
Somebody said you can gain up to 2 mpg with this setup, it definitely sounds better. I'll be curious to see if I have any fuel economy gains??? Doesn't really sound plausible, but we shall see.

With those miles you’d see better milage improvement by replacing all 4 O2 sensors. You can get denso sensors from Rockauto for a decent price.
I haven't gotten that far yet, this was just a fun mod. I'll prob do pcv stuff next and spark plugs. Then pull the trigger on o2 sensors depending on mpg and how they look.

It's running so smoothly right now that I doubt I need them; It's also very possible they've already been changed. The guy I got this from seemer to have always taken it to a shop and had everything done. The coolant looked great, so did the front and rear differential fluid. It's always nice when you uncover things and they are better than you expect.

Last edited:
Got the new side steps on, super easy bolt on and way better shipping/packaging.

I had ordered some side rails for another vehicle off of four-wheel parts a while back, they came dented and scratched up because they just basically put them together, wrapped them up and sent them.... These were very well packaged.
PXL_20240107_154829367.jpg
PXL_20240107_154836397.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom