The infamous san diego 45 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That is sharp and cool story!! Wish I would fit in one of these!!

Definitely something to be proud of

I cant own a 45 without a stamped bezel, headache rack,and a pto!!!

13DBFE3C-0B81-4D13-B825-9F179A59E054.jpeg

158617BF-1D20-4971-A739-6E3B8811FB47.jpeg

...Bumper, hubcaps, and marker lamps. Boy, Whitey, you're the man with spare parts like that "just layin' around" waiting for a good candidate. And as busy as you are, I'm envious that it appears in one of your photos you already have your Christmas lights up, and we haven't even celebrated Halloween yet. Bravo ! Or.......... could vehicle-related priorities be a bit of a sore point with the missus? Ha...but the choir here understands, and says, "Amen !" to it all.

Again, congrats on the latest find.

ready to sell it yet? :grinpimp:

Love it! Learned to ride on a black one with their yellow and orange stripes! They look proper in there.

The original ad for this 13 years ago had the previous owners phone number on the for sale sign in the window. I thought, why not call it and maybe get some history! So I called and it was indeed the previous owner! Now 67 years old, he bought the 45 in the mid 80’s from the original owner down in southern california. It was previously used on a ranch to haul hay!! He paid $2500 back then. He did the repaint with very little body work around 2008. Apparently the bad economy forced him to sell it in 2010. He did a firesale and advertised it for 5k. So it turned into an auction here on mud, as he got numerous offers and ended up selling for 8k. There was some controversy over the whole thing, but he is a nice guy and cant blame him, as he lost his buisness and really needed money. I am waiting to see if he can dig up some old photos!! Glad I called!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom