Builds Cruisermatt's FJ62 Build-up (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looks good my man!! Welds look a little hot so you might still see some corrosion, but it looks great!

Yeah I forgot, the welded nuts at the end of the tubes and the 1" tubes with the bushings pressed in are mild steel so I'll have to get some paint on there.

I also flipped that long bolt that all the pivot bushings are on, there's a nut welded to the back side of the plate but there was too much slop. Haven't had time to reassemble but I might be looking at adding a brace to the vertical sheet as that was flexing a little too.

I like that 5-speed knob. Nice work on the shifters. Can't wait to see this in the truck!

I like that 5-speed knob. Nice work on the shifters. Can't wait to see this in the truck!

Thanks, and yeah you and me both! Truck's been sitting in my parent's driveway since I tore it apart back in April, with school and moving out and everything I only really work on it on weekends so progress is slow. Should make some big progress this weekend though.

By the way, all the short-block components are done being machined and on a stand at my dad's shop. Crank is in the block already, the whole short block would be built already but I had the wrong rings, turns out there are two thicknesses, 1.5mm and 2mm. Anyways, have the right ones now and will put the short block together this weekend. Re-using the cylinder head and water pump from the last motor build.

Appreciate it, thanks!

(wait till I get around to doing my suspension :grinpimp:)

@Lil'John

Were you filling the 203 at this plug in the middle of the PTO cover? Quantity, two quarts?

image.jpeg

So, three quarts or two quarts?

Sorry for the lack of updates, been super busy. How about I sum up the last three weeks in a couple pictures.
Last picture is as of about 15 minutes ago.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

No, I built the motor and was putting it in this morning. It's in now :grinpimp:

image.jpeg

Also, for reference (I'm going to make another thread with all the details of the NV4500 swap after I put some miles on it and make sure it works), the NV4500 bolted to the 3FE just fine using the Ford 302 conversion pilot bearing and Chevy 10" clutch.

Going to hopefully most of the work in to get this junk running this weekend. After I get out of class today going to head over to my parents place and work on it some. Only reason I haven't fired it up yet is that I'm STILL waiting on a new dipst'ick guide. That's literally it, so Ive been stalling with everything else. :rolleyes:

Current list of stuff to do not related to motor:
-Hook up parking brake (need to re-weld cable tab back on rear axle)
-speedo cable
-bleed brakes (still have one fitting I need to flare)

Related to motor/transmission:
-hook up everything, fuel, air, wires, water etc
-order radiator
-install alternator, PS pump, belts, fan
-Make a new trans mount, going to be solid. The one I put in lasted for about one second before it collapsed :lol:
-rebuild clutch slave, mines been hanging vertically for 6-months and I think the seal is toast, it's dripping slowly :lol:

The bellhousing bolt holes I'm using for my clutch slave are threaded USS-7/16 :confused: so I need to drill my clutch slave bracket holes out to 7/16 as well...

image.jpeg

Got my new dipstick guide. And a clutch fork boot and spring for a 3-speed aplication.

Dropped an FJ62 front driveshaft off at the shop just now, having it shortened 2".

Fingers crossed I should drive it this weekend.

image.jpeg

Wow! You rebuilt a 3FE, Most of us up here in canada just dispose of those clunker guzzlers. ;)

Nice tranny and doubler setup though.

This is actually the second 3FE I've rebuilt for this rig... Trying to decide what to put in next. Nice thing is that I can bolt next to everything in front of the NV4500, and anything I can't is only an adapter plate away.

I think 12HT + NV4500 would be a great combo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom