Malaysian 1983 bj40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This will be my journey to fix up a 1983 BJ40, third owner of this car and I'm new to diesel vehicles. After going through this forum I truly respect those who spend months and years restoring their vehicles by themselves, as for me, this will be a quick paid job to fix body and paint work and back on the road.

Look forward to gain experience from this rig, i heard its a never ending repair and feel free to drop me a few pointers along the way ;) enjoy.

Last edited:
my rust bucket

IMG_8933.JPG

Last edited:
New tires were awesome and so much safer, previously it had four different brand and the steering was wondering around by itself. Silverstone AT 275/70/16R for a long ride 555km from Tawau to Kota Kinabalu, journey took 12 hours at a constant 60km/hr. No problem with the temperature but it was a bumpy ride.

Here in the picture is a stop at Tuaran, both buildings and the BJ were build around the 70 80's, got to take a picture before the restoration.

IMG_20160914_171725_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Have fun mate, about half way through with my BJ42 started out the same colour as yours but now Olive green. Had it soda blasted to reveal all the bits of rust that needed attention so as not come back & bite me on the arse Enjoy the journey will keep an eye on how you go Cheers

Nice cruiser ... from one rusty to another :)

If you went to your dealer with part numbers in hand would they run them and be able to order them for you?

We got lots of guys who have fun running numbers :)
Getting part numbers would be a challenge for me. I'll give it a go, thanks for the advice.

Not sure it's a 83 ! vent in front cowl is 1970 ish. disc brakes up front, 5 speed, power steering ? photos of interior and dash and motor ?
Looks like she has had body work done in the past, how many km or miles on her ?
Cheers
I would be surprised to know the true production year, going to dig deep into the details of this car, more photos coming soon.

Not sure it's a 83 ! vent in front cowl is 1970 ish. disc brakes up front, 5 speed, power steering ? photos of interior and dash and motor ?
Looks like she has had body work done in the past, how many km or miles on her ?
Cheers
13BT screams at 4 speed, definitely needs a 5 speed gear box, any suggestion?
Speedometer is dead even before fitted with 13BT, anyway i can trace her mileage?

IMG_8939.JPG

IMG_8946.JPG

IMG_8947.JPG

IMG_8928.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom