Cleaned PS Gearbox - Paint or ??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

4Cruisers

SILVER Star
Threads
I finished cleaning my FJ62 PS gearbox to get it ready to install it on my '86 FJ60 project vehicle. I was thinking of priming it then painting it black semi-gloss, but it doesn't look like it came from the factory painted. What was the factory coating?

PS-Gearbox-1.jpg

Factory was most assuredly black, with a white dot on it.

Was it maybe rebuilt at some point? Maybe by West Texas Offroad? Because they do great work, but use TERRIBLE paint that flakes right off.

Dan

Everyone does black. Go with something like pink or baby blue...

Put 'teq' stickers all over it.

I noticed chrome wasn't on your list...c'mon.

Also, "somebody" near the top of this thread miiiiiight be selling some brand spankin' new fender skirts to keep that thing purty!

I noticed chrome wasn't on your list...c'mon.

Also, "somebody" near the top of this thread miiiiiight be selling some brand spankin' new fender skirts to keep that thing purty!

My timing wasn't good on this. I purchased new OEM skirts from Cdan earlier this year thinking my project would be finished by mid-summer. Well, things don't always go as planned - I've still got a lot to do.

Hmm...good idea on that paint color. Makes things easier to see and identify down in the engine.

Where did you find that paint?
AutoZone

It's the same concept I learned as a Construction Project Manager a long time ago - almost all mechanical equipment rooms on my various projects had the walls and ceiling painted white in order to increase visibility, it helps with maintaining all of the "stuff" you find in those spaces.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom