Unobtainium (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Although there are a lot of vendors selling 2F carburetors on eBay and elsewhere, there are really only two options for those who want to stay stock: 1) Buy a Chinese made aftermarket carburetor 2) Rebuild your OEM unit. If your rig has to pass smog, you are limited to option 2. If your vehicle is desmogged, you now have two new options. How about:
Aftermarket carburetor that's made-in-Japan by a major manufacturer (Fuji Industries):

IMG_7484.JPG
IMG_7483.JPG
IMG_7487.JPG

Last edited:
The stainless hose clamps are sweet. Any plans for those to fit your air cleaner hoses? Also will your aftermarket carb work with stock air cleaner?

Last edited:
The stainless hose clamps are sweet. Any plans for those to fit your air cleaner hoses? Also will your aftermarket carb work with stock air cleaner?

The round clamp for the air cleaner hose is no problem; however, I was challenged by the oval one (for the '79+ model years) so I gave up on the set for now.

The aftermarket carb is the same part # as the OEM one, so it will definitely fit the stock air cleaner.

JohnnyC,

Your knowledge base on these rigs never ceases to amaze me, thanks for the response. It would figure I'd get another Cruiser that has a problem with an unattainable item. My '73 had a broken (uber rare) broken reverse light lense unique to that year.
All I really need is the metal ends that cover the strap ends if someone has a couple they'd like to sell. I'll try the classifieds.

I'm blown away by the products you are selling to the community. Simply awesome. I go to your store and want to one of everything "just in case".

I had the pipe dream of bringing NLA parts back to life using some mfg contacts I have but you are actually doing it! Difference between a dreamer and a doer. Kudos to you! Keep 'em coming!

Any idea if these inner door pulls are available anywhere? This picture is of my 74 fj40 handle... Can't find at any of the obviousView attachment 1204704 larger vendors ($OR, CCOT or Cruiser Corps)

I saw your post, then stumbled across this on cruiserparts.net
88297aa768841b50d6269d34b94a2a1f.image.200x196.jpg

62812-90300 [62812-90300] : CruiserParts.net, Toyota Landcruiser Parts

Note that the parts fiche lists the part as 67812-90300; Cruiserparts has it as 62812-90300. Simple typo, I suppose.

Online Toyota says NLA, but it seems Cruiserparts must be picking up NOS inventory somewhere??

Please let me know if this works out for you..

Just for reference purposes, this is a NOS original headlight assembly. Note that this round plastic 'grommet' was never offered as a separate part, it only came with a new housing. Also, while the pre-'79 grommets are (and were) never available, the screw that fits into it, the tensioning spring, and the screws for the chromed ring all seem to still be available from Mr. T.
upload_2016-2-13_13-22-8.png
upload_2016-2-13_13-22-31.png
upload_2016-2-13_13-23-31.png

Last edited:
I need one of those headlight assemblies :) or at least the grommets or does anyone know where I can get the grommets, new headlight assemblies?

I bought the new clamps from Racer65 but I didn't pay attention to the phillips head that I needed. Great product thought!!! I Highly recommend the clamps. the quality is great!!

@Racer65
@Trollhole

Just for reference purposes, this is a NOS original headlight assembly. Note that this round plastic 'grommet' was never offered as a separate part, it only came with a new housing. Also, while the pre-'79 grommets are (and were) never available, the screw that fits into it, the tensioning spring, and the screws for the chromed ring all seem to still be available from Mr. T.
View attachment 1207879 View attachment 1207880 View attachment 1207886

Last edited:
I would like to get two new headlight assemblies. Who might have them and how do I get in touch with them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom