1974 Inner door panels (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone know what years of early 40s had inner door panels?

I'm in the process of recovering mine and I haven't seen any others on the old style of doors. As far as I know, my July 1974 came stock with them... but I've yet to see any others.

Last edited:
the door style changed in 12/74 from the steel inside and outside doors to the doors with a panel. before that there were a few different styles of doors but none had a panel.. all steel.

i would think that someone put later style doors on your '74.

So how rare are these then.

They are the old style doors.

And the have inner panels. I'm redoing them because the original hardboard is too warped and the glue didn't hold.

I'll post pictures of them installed once they're back in.
DSC_1057.jpg
DSC_1056.jpg
bikersmurf-albums-my-truck-picture15729-drivers-side.jpg

I traced out the old door panels of my '79 LC to some fiber board from Lowe's. The PO had cut speker holes but took out the speakers. I then covered it with vinyl and Elmer's glue from Hobby Lobby. Make sure you drill the holes in the right place and put the pins in before you glue the vinyl on. Whole thing was about ten dollars and I have alot of fiber board left over.

Last edited:
Installed

Here is what they look like installed.

And the Hardware they mount with.
DSC_1058.jpg
DSC_1059.jpg
DSC_1060.jpg

Door skins.

I traced out the old door panels of my '79 LC to some fiber board from Lowe's. The PO had cut speker holes but took out the speakers. I then covered it with vinyl and Elmer's glue from Hobby Lobby. Make sure you drill the holes in the right place and put the pins in before you glue the vinyl on. Whole thing was about ten dollars and I have alot of fiber board left over.

The auto upholstery shop recommended 1/8" mahogany door skins rather than fiber board. 3'x7' sheet was $7.50 (for more or less plywood).

It is much more rigid.:cheers:

huh.... weird... never seen one like that before..........

those are the one year 74 handles for sure

wonder if mine were taken off... I dont know for sure, but my truck was very original when I got it but who knows what PO's do

I never gave them a second thought until I tried to find a picture of them.

There are some extra holes that would have been filled if yours came with them.

I never gave them a second thought until I tried to find a picture of them.

There are some extra holes that would have been filled if yours came with them.

do you see them on my door... I cant see too well from the pic

do you see them on my door... I cant see too well from the pic

No, I don't see them. They don't show in my photo, but there are about 4-5 holes 5/16" in diameter for door retention clips.

I don't think custom

Looks like some nice custom work :beer:

If these are custom... Then my hat's off to the maker.

The hardware is stamped steel, with rolled over edges, and precise lines. They could be aftermarket... But I sure don't think one off, for one off it would have been made differently.

The vinyl is new. The original vinyl matched the seats and the hardware was the same silver as the guages and ashtray.

Last edited:
i believe that was a modification.. not factory.

IMO you should ditch the panels and go back to stock.

They've lived there for at least 30 years... And my truck is far, far from stock, so they'll live there for as long as I own it.

Last edited:
I have seen those panels..........in the microfiche. Never seen one in real life, tho I do recall reading about someone who had them once before. Very VERY rare in any event. Thanks for the close up pic of the trim piece around the door latch. That is way :cool:

They were introduced at the same time the inside door pull changed, which I believe was specific to the 74 model year [9/73-1/75]

Best

Mark A.

C-shaped metal piece = 67763-60010 listed for 3/1969-1/1975, possibly earlier.
L/R metal upper moulding pieces = 67761-60010/67762-60010.
"Board" panels seem to have number changes/superceded, but numbers are listed.

HTH

I have seen those panels..........in the microfiche. Never seen one in real life, tho I do recall reading about someone who had them once before. Very VERY rare in any event. Thanks for the close up pic of the trim piece around the door latch. That is way :cool:

They were introduced at the same time the inside door pull changed, which I believe was specific to the 74 model year [9/73-1/75]

Best

Mark A.

WOW REALLY!!! ...that is indeed very cool!!!!

I guess I was not too far out, they are some nice custom work, except this work was done by Toyota :lol:

Fantastic that you decided to save them...Now I would love to see more pics :cheers:

I've seen them before on another 40 parts truck (a couple years back).

I'll take some more pics of all the bits and pieces.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom