Roof Rack recommends around $500-650 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

DocuDude

Took me 10 years to find this space
Threads
Looking for a rack for my 80, it needs to:

Be full length, this will be to haul the family camping gear
Support my weight when I'm on the roof loading/unloading (I'm 200#, plus 150# gear)
Would be great if the height was same or less than OEM rack (not a deal-breaker)
Trustworthy for a 2,000 mile trip over 4 week period. (and then again the year after and year after)

So throw some brand names at me. I'm in SoCal.

I love my PrinSu rack. Pics in my thread in my sig line. I'm also in SoCal, so you're welcome to check it out in person. It meets all of your criteria.
Nice buildup on the link.
Ever find out if they fixed they poorly made gutter mounts?

Thanks for the hits guys.

I'd be happy to visit and get you a price on what you need/want. I can build it to the 9's or keep it as basic as you want it.

Here is a full size expo on an 80 with a couple of options added. Flat, Expo or full basket, just let me know. 6 mounts would be plenty for what you are describing, but 8 would be even better.

Jason

80 LoPro Expo with sunroof cutout.png

The Prinsu rack should be a serious option: 1. You may adjust the crossbars to fit numerous locations or spread them out evenly 2. Light weight and easy to install 3. excellent design (low profile too) with wind sheer 3. comes with metal loop tie downs that may be adjusted 4. will hold a lot of weight safely.

Zona

Diamond rax they make nice ones and low profile mounts

Prinsu rack is way out of his price range. You guys that got it early probably don't know its $865 plus shipping now, assuming you want it black.

@reevesci I know I've messaged you and I will buying one from you soon, but do you have an option for a windscreen?? or an idea for one?

The Prinsu rack should be a serious option: 1. You may adjust the crossbars to fit numerous locations or spread them out evenly 2. Light weight and easy to install 3. excellent design (low profile too) with wind sheer 3. comes with metal loop tie downs that may be adjusted 4. will hold a lot of weight safely.

Zona

I'm looking for something similar but I know I've got 4" from the highest part of my roof to the garage. I think it's right at 7" from the gutters. Any idea what the height of the PrinSu would be? I couldn't find the dimensions on their website.

I'm buying mine from @reevesci. Great craftsmanship and excellent customer service. I can't wait!

I built my own for a little more than $400. Aluminum, stainless hardware, gamiviti gutter mounts, and LOTS of rivets.
IMG_20160110_145933 by Jonathan Jones, on Flickr

I'm looking for something similar but I know I've got 4" from the highest part of my roof to the garage. I think it's right at 7" from the gutters. Any idea what the height of the PrinSu would be? I couldn't find the dimensions on their website.
I will measure but I make it into my garage no problem and I've got a 2.5" lift, 33" tires and it's fine. My garage is 7'.

Zona

Rhino rack, with Amazon prime, is currently on my wish list...

X2 for Gamiviti! Tim is a good guy, easy to work with and turn around time was fast, and he's local for all of us champion Denver Bronco fans!!!!!!! Fully tig welded 1" tube. I went flat rack for the same low profile/clearance, 6 gutter mounts and this thing is stout!!!! Have mine adjusted 1/4" above the plastic rub strips on the top. She's sexy!!

My vote is for the Prinsu rack, I love mine, and it's strong and light being made of aluminum. Side rails hug the rain gutters perfectly, complimenting the lines of the truck. Bit more than your $600 budget, but well worth it, IMO. $765 plus shipping...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom