SEAT BELTS BECOME LAW (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Gidday all just wondering if anyone out there can shed some light on what year seatbelts become law in Sth Australia. Obviously this question is Aussie orientated but any info from other users would be appreciated. Also did the fj40 have seatbelts standard in all countries?
cheers

My US spec 1964/5 45LV, never had seat belts installed and I have no desire to install them.

I've heard in California and other states that belts are required no matter the year

No, CA follows federal law as of year-of-manufacture. Under 16yo would not be allowed to ride in any vehicle not equipped with seat belts, however.

looks like 1964 for cars, but I think trucks(like a 45) were(or could) went a few more years without belts after passenger cars were required

I am not sure on the legislation in South Australia however in Queensland we have an Act called the Transport Operations (Road Use Management - Vehicle Standard and Safety) Regulations 2010 http://www.legislation.qld.gov.au/LEGISLTN/CURRENT/T/TrantOpRUVSSR10.pdf. There would be some sort of corresponding legislation in South Australia which will tell you.

Your 75+ 40 would have had them... I'd run at least 3 point belts if you drive it. They help to prevent crush injuries and certain death from hitting the windshield/dash.

I am alive today because of the seatbelts in my first 40...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom