Aligning Taiwanese fj40 fender (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am in the process of aligning my CCOT front fenders which are of Taiwanese origin. I have removed the DS frame brace due to very poor alignment. Other than tacking the hood and front bib together to use as center points, is there a way to get these blasted fenders squared and centered to the rest of the vehicle?

There really isn't much play for the hood at the hinges without the hood looking out of place on the cowl. The front bib does not square to the frame when the fenders start to get tightened down. I am using the original aprons. I enlarged all the holes in the fenders that are at attachment points. I have not done a fj40 front alignment before so I don't know if there is a specific order of operations to get things square other than lots of time and cursing.

I will post pictures if you need them but my camera is giving me fits and its hard to see the big picture of the fenders in the photos I have tried to take. My issues are 3/4" or less. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Well, I think I have it handled. It's a lot easier to just remove the frame brace from the assembly and fit everything. After all is in place you can bend and tweek the brace as needed. Lots of steps.

Are all of the aftermarket fenders Taiwanese? I have some from Cruiser Corps and am wondering if I'll have to bend/mod them to fit.

Are all of the aftermarket fenders Taiwanese? I have some from Cruiser Corps and am wondering if I'll have to bend/mod them to fit.
I'm not really sure if they are or not, mine had a sticker that said "Made in Taiwan" on them. From what anyone has ever told me about aligning fenders is that unless they are the originals off the vehicle you will be slotting holes at a minimum. I also had to finish shaping the fenders where the outer fender lip curves right at the bib. Not that tough, just kind of a downer when you buy "new" to save some time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom