What did you do on your 70 series today? (14 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I floated the cruiser home this morning I can spend three days on the old girl this weekend. I hate the bull bar so that's the first job. :)

home 008.JPG

Last edited:
currently flushing the cooling system….the radiator block drain above starter was tight but succumbed after a shot of PB blaster….and some wrangling from above….

I did two things on the 70 this weekend and I bet you can guess what the first was. For the second, how much of the bolt should be visible at the top? I've got about 8 threads showing. Thanks to Charles and Kurt for parts.
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1443977618.625797.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1443977632.933257.jpg

Well spent the last two days on the truck 1st day mud flaps and late 79 style tail lights and loom. Day two removed bull bar installed bumper bar newer tail shafts and 4 runner 80 style booster. I was going to install the rebuilt mastercylinder and calipers but the master was the wrong unit lines on wrong side and after pulling both wheels I discovered someone has already put the bigger calipers on. Planned Day three rebuilding number plate lights as there full of rust and been soaking in vinegar for 24 hours, Pull grill and finish wiring the air horns and install a uhf antenna on the drivers guard. Pics to follow if anyone is interested. :)

Where did you mount air horns?

I had never messed with brake lines before but I found it easy to bend and flare new ones for my wrong-side Master Cylinder.

You must have more space behind your grille than mine.

Oz, I think my '88 has less room in there.
I'll take a picture.

PS, all this 7x talk has me jonsing another 7x. Might have to fix that sooner than later :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom