What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (52 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What did you use to clean it? Any precautions?

Oops, missed your post. I used Gunk Engine degreaser and diluted Simple Green. I just covered the fuse box and maf with aluminum foil and avoided spraying the the serp belt and pulleys.

Oops, missed your post. I used Gunk Engine degreaser and diluted Simple Green. I just covered the fuse box and maf with aluminum foil and avoided spraying the the serp belt and pulleys.

Should this be done with cold/warm or hot engine?

Project is complete! Thanks to all your help on here!

IMG_3511.JPG

IMG_3513.JPG

IMG_3514.JPG

Replaced the door speakers with Rockford Fosgate Components up front and three ways in the back. Pulled the speaker grills and cleaned them with Folex while I had them off and got them looking really good! I also had my timing belt and water pump done Saturday as I'm at 182,000 miles.

Speaker Upgrade 1.JPG

Speaker Upgrade 2.JPG

Speaker Upgrade 4.JPG

Care share what you plan for a bumper? High clearance, dual swingouts, any special latching mechanism or gear holders?

It'll all be in my build thread. Just got started today. Tomorrow it'll start to look like a bumper. Had some power outage issues today and only got to lay things out.

Esme - '98 Build

J

I had Landcruisers NW replace my CVs. And I replaced a faulty horn and fog light rely. Totally a PITA to get to but easy to replace once you're in. Installed a new Air filter, changed the oil with M1 5/30, Lucas synthetic oil stabilizer, installed a M1-209 filter, greased the yokes and shafts with M1. I also changed the cabin filters and cleansed the evaporator.

193k miles. Just completed big service on my 2000 LC that I've had since it was new.

1. Timing belt, idler pulleys and tensioner.
2. Water pump.
3. New Radiator and hoses.
4. Valve cover gaskets.
5. All new brake rotors.
6. Greased wheel bearings and driveline.
7. Replaced fuel line and filter
8. Replaced passenger, driver door and moonroof seals.
9. Changed front, rear differential and transfer case fluid with M1 75/90.
10. New battery.
11. New OEM rear shocks.

Leather was replaced a couple of years ago. Next up minor bodywork repairs and a repaint. I will also get the font end inspected and make any necessary repairs.

Tires and lift delivered today and a little done on the rear bumper.

53mm bore fronts (70mm casing) and 9 stage adjustable 45mm bore rear shocks 33mm TBs with reinforcement brackets. Dual rate coils as well.

A few bumper tweaks and the wings will be ready to be bent and attached.

J
IMG_20160920_140800208.jpg
IMG_20160920_104731223.jpg
IMG_20160920_104740469.jpg
IMG_20160920_104750046.jpg
IMG_20160920_140748807.jpg

Last edited:
So these show up in the mail WTF I dont even like spacers......

View attachment 1320508

note to self no more late night drinking with PayPal account open:rolleyes:

View attachment 1320514

If you don't mind. What size tires are you running on your LX and do you have the AHC lifted a little? I have the same rig that's stock right now and just picked up the some Tundra wheels today. You have the look I'm shooting for!

If you don't mind. What size tires are you running on your LX and do you have the AHC lifted a little? I have the same rig that's stock right now and just picked up the some Tundra wheels today. You have the look I'm shooting for!

275/70-18 Nitto TG G2
Yes I did adjusted the AHC sensors

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom