What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (88 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Its cool to see you post.
How's the after head gasket rebuild life?
I don't remember seeing any pics of your rig & what you have done to it.
Post em up will you?
The head gasket rebuild took some time, I had a local mechanic over to the garage a few times and together we worked through it. The hardest part was remembering where everything went, and how. I wrote notes and am glad I did. I put on the sliders, they're nice. Otherwise I've done hoses, starter, alternator, water pump, PHH, radiator, dual battery, and a stereo. My pictures don't compare to Aloha Jen, so, just sayin.

Didn't even know these things had cabin filters...
There aren't filters there - at least not from the factory. I am curious to know what was done though, as cabin air filters should have been included by Mr. T. I'm guessing just a filter media of sorts stuck under the factory plastic grilles?

View attachment 1254174 View attachment 1254175 Mounted L-tracks onto Prinsu rack cross bars, I love it! Turned out fantastic and looks like that's how the rack should be. Now I have tons of removable anchor points with lots of options......now I need to figure out what to put on it. :hillbilly:

How did you anchor the hex screws in the new tracks onto the Prinsu rails? Did you use the slim nuts in the rails or drill through?

The head gasket rebuild took some time, I had a local mechanic over to the garage a few times and together we worked through it. The hardest part was remembering where everything went, and how. I wrote notes and am glad I did. I put on the sliders, they're nice. Otherwise I've done hoses, starter, alternator, water pump, PHH, radiator, dual battery, and a stereo. My pictures don't compare to Aloha Jen, so, just sayin.

I wouldn't sell yourself short.

Yesterday:
Went to SMORR. Accidentally ran a 5. Smashed the two day old exhaust and flexed the rear bumper into the body.
20160522_182700_Richtone(HDR).jpg

20160522_194208.jpg

20160523_103210.jpg

Today:
315/75/16 MT/R. Would have been helpful yesterday.
20160523_171744.jpg

20160523_171721.jpg

Didn't even know these things had cabin filters...

They don't come with filters. Most folks add any sort of foam media. You can get rolls of aquarium/pond filter mats in various sizes and foam types. I think those would work well since it's made to be underwater all the time.

Went to Michigan's Upper Peninsula. First to Paradise and did some wheeling, then over to to mouth of the Two Hearted River to camp and fish Rainbow trout. Perfect weather, did more lounging around than anything, and much needed too. We were camped right by the foot bridge to cross the river and we had constant people stopping and asking what kind of rig that was (i have a TEQ grill emblem), and they'd never seen anything like it. Pretty cool.
SAM_0462.JPG
20160522_204236.jpg
SAM_0442.JPG

SAM_0445.JPG
20160522_211927.jpg
20160522_211348.jpg

20160522_191610.jpg
SAM_0447.JPG
SAM_0481.JPG

No wheeling this weekend. :(

I did finally get around to mounting my shovel on the rear bumper so that it's no longer bungy corded to my hi-lift.
v4F-rdAQ_mCiEkuprsj3Y6NeiLYR0Dgy6OyN7xraG_2TaS3dO71Mf45fxkbEaB-mSgT8np7iKceQaF0oFYMR_fp2tOW7JIuTRptcyF-EqbXUxJgmz9odZcNgT1TqSsrFD0eliK0Hu4VJM8RG2QOSes97EuUoox1aoRAM48CqJ7okE_5ZPTr99-o5YlRxszsuOweOBRSTKaJePTgSz2bo-R1OZpsUSgAB68drkgrG5Ra0fQtIfF8boIw5AGBOt46VLNljXphaDBjeOvjVuZWbpUigFSMvc4ymCgmHAjYz5VRKcv6xZ9ebRIEpwu1E0FEq32QL9j9Jav6bXs2prH4vnhqatLQ4kDMJIEpqloap1Fk7sV87qC9Afuvl55xdTVYz8p7mm6ZR_jKmW59tGBnwJqSDaWRbb9KMsXHjbAaZtiEKtDGl2Q6hMHIZV1FwM_HIIbYFPYAxPaEEgYCXYzASqXb5oM_AukKl_VRGY26FdqWPih6OS5Gz_saA7K3ISZ21ujptNLy7m0yDJky1SkdVPe6vErI3rFgOTSWJRcffs08_FBqIbD0RpLlTZ9Vc5G6znNbRD4ZlDYOyBBSles_6fAxVRPGLu5Y=w666-h1182-no

The aerodynamics of the angle increased my fuel economy by at least 4mpg.

Installed some rock lights on Saturday.

Actually, they're more like reggae lights.

:smokin:

With one mounted on each side you can also increase the buoyancy.

:idea: I could mount an axe on the other side to cut through the air and make all the JK guys jealous.

image.jpeg

Behind th LC is Promintory Point, a protruding piece of the Mogollon Rim, AZ. The other side of the rim about 60 miles is where the Overland Expo was held--great to see the rigs and incredibly nice people there.
image.jpeg
The scale of the Mogollon Rim behind us is why AZ has the largest Ponderosa Pine forest in the world. There are areas to cliff camp or just camp in the rim that allow you to see at least 150 miles. Many claim to have seen Mt. Lemon by Tucson! There are areas under the rim that I believe are actual rain forest, the areas are so small (as rain forest goes) I consider their ecosystem to be different. If you look hard enough you can see my Wits' End sticker on the shell (Nlxtscy).

image.jpeg

Lastly, I bought a Canyon Cooler and wanted to plug them because they're a Startup out of Flagstaff. Great people and they make a cooler better than most. I've had it for a few months now and can attest to the durability and ability to keep ice in solid form. There's not a lot of bling but it does the job it was made for. I have no stake or interest, just love US entrepreneurship.

Zona

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom