1965 FJ40 "Project Survivor" (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Something about New Old Stock parts.... Nice!

amazing that those parts are still available. sweetness.

You'd be amazed what you can still get from Toyota for these early 40s. My fear though is how much longer will they still carry them.... I know a few items that I ordered just a year or two ago are now no longer available :crybaby: So get them while you can :beer:

i was wondering who bought that one.. lol
I couldn't help myself. You guys out west have all the best early Cruisers. I am just doing my part to bring them back east to balance things out :grinpimp:

No real progress the last few weeks on the 40 as I have been distracted by a new 45 I picked up

But today I did score a great set of original hub caps with the perfect ratio of dents to chrome. They are gonna fit right in on this old girl!

image.jpg

Big thanks to Mark aka cppilot :beer:

I've been busy moving the past couple of weeks but I did get about 30 minutes of freedom yesterday. It was just enough time to get rid of the ugly chrome wagon rims and mount up the old skool tires Trollhole hooked me up with and those sweet caps from cppilot. Now the 40 is rolling on stock 29s and original acorn caps :beer:

title 1962 FJ40 001.jpg

title 1962 FJ40 002.jpg

Next up are new correct brake lights and hopefully some SOR coral vinyl seat covers.

Last edited:
Took a while to get settled in after our move, but over the last week or so I have finally had some time to work on the 40 again. I went through and adjusted/ inspected the brakes, install all new TRE's, rebuilt the drag link and center arm, installed new OEM shocks and spring bushing, repaired the rear wiring harness and new added new brake lights, added seat belts, new front turns signals. Also switched out the old stock rims and tires for new rims from Beno and some new rubber. Still need to get a proper alignment and new exhaust but she is finally road worthy!! It has been almost two years since I've driven a 40 on the open road and if felt great to get back behind the wheel. Even took my 3 year old son for his first ever 40 ride! He immediately proclaimed it the coolest truck ever and requested I drive him to school in it the next morning :D

some pics...

new 7.00x15 tires and OEM rims from Beno
IMG_0625.jpg

old spring bushing were definitely hurting
IMG_0583.jpg

New OEM shocks
IMG_0586.jpg

How she sits now...
IMG_0646.jpg

One happy dude
IMG_0636.jpg

Few little things that need to be addressed still, mainly the front hubs need work. Other than that the plan is to just drive and enjoy her as she is :beer:

Awesome! Love the stock stance! How much are the oem wheels from Onur?

Yeah, I am really digging the stock stance and 29's. Rims from Onur were $110 a pop and tires are Power Kings at $93 a pop.

IMG_0628.jpg

Thanks Antony. It originally came with some off brand hub I hadn't seen before, but they looked silly in the cut outs. Luckily I had a set of old warns lying around.

I'm liking the power kings too! Where did you get them JP?

Love those power kings... Keep track of miles... Like to hear how long they will last as they are bias

Will do Johnny...... though the 40 is slow to rack up the miles, I've gotten to old and soft to DD a 40 anymore :D

Tell me about these wheels. Will they fit over the drum brakes? I'm trying to find some wheels for my '65 and I was told the oem wheels available won't clear the drums on the front. Any ideas?
Thanks in advance

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom