Run of the month - july (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Attention CSCer's, I am responsible for the July Run of the Month and have chosen the Broken Arrow trail in Sedona. This trip offers the flexibility of camping overnight or enjoying the town of Sedona after the trail run. I plan on camping up there off of Schnebly Hill road Saturday night. Expect the weather to be in the 90's during the day and 60's - 70's in the evening.

The trail is about 3.5-4.0 miles long and takes about 2 hours depending on the amount of traffic on the trail which is used by the Pink jeep tour. If any of you have not been on this trail it is very scenic with lots of opportunities for some great pictures.

Meeting at 7:00am with a departure time of 7:15am will give us a few hours of highway travel to get there. If we can start the trail around 10:00am we should finish roughly around 12:30pm or so.

Once we are off the trail there are several options:

- For those not wanting to stay the night and camp, spending the afternoon in Sedona itself makes for a nice afternoon.
- There are other trails surrounding Sedona that can be wheeled.
- Find a camping spot and setup camp.

Details of event:

Date: July 20th - Saturday (we have the July monthly meeting the night before).

Time: 7:00am

Meeting Place: Chevron Gas station off I-17 and Carefree highway
http://www.arizonagasprices.com/map...78020&long=-112.128181457520&sid=74295&tl=All

What to expect:

Weather: http://www.weather.com/weather/wxclimatology/monthly/graph/USAZ0209
Trail info: http://hikearizona.com/decoder.php?ZTN=15998

For those that are interested in camping and may bring a trailer, you will have to consider leaving the trailer somewhere before running the trail. There is a parking area at the start of the trail where you could possible leave the trailer prior to hitting the trail but something to consider.

For those interested please post if you would be camping or not and if bringing a trailer or not so we can get a good idea of the inventory we are bringing.

This post is going up with 19 days before departure giving those interested plenty of time to plan.

Hope to see you there.

Mark

Last edited:
I will be back in Baton Rouge by then :frown:

Whats recommended or needed for this trail? Lift, lockers, stocker friendly.

I'm in! A run in my neck of the woods! Possible camping, depending on which night.

With that said, is there an option of meeting the group in Sedona?

Last edited:

It was a breeze in a lifted FJ Cruiser with 33" tires and a girlfriend who was 5 months pregnant...

Dangit...Good trail, have fun.

I'll be in Ouray, CO at the FJ Summit.

Im a maybe.

Last edited:

Pink jeep and yuppie repellant.:princess:

Broken Arrow is a fun trail with excellent scenery. A stock Land Cruiser can make this run without risk of body damage. An easy trail with many areas for skill building for the newbie. There are optional areas for those with built rigs to test and flex their suspension, such as the Crack. A must do once for everyone of any skill level.

Last edited:
Yes indeed
Is this the crack you speak of?

Wow cool pic. I can hear the pink jeep tour nazis now: "You know, you aren't supposed to drive / park / be / breathe / not be paying to be here" admonition.

Oh.. and I'm in for a definite maybe. Been WAY too long without a Broken Arrow trip.

Yes indeed
Is this the crack you speak of?

Any photos of you crossing it?

I was talking with a Pink Jeep driver over the weekend and they now go to Tuweep. They have a new custom built rig for Tuweep and other long tours. He did say the rig has little articulation but the passengers do the articulating and think is great.:doh:

They dont do Broken Arrow due to the size. He said the new rig just barely fits at the squeeze rock at the end of Tuweep.

pink jeep.jpg

I was talking with a Pink Jeep driver over the weekend and they now go to Tuweep. They have a new custom built rig for Tuweep and other long tours. He did say the rig has little articulation but the passengers do the articulating and think is great.:doh:

They dont do Broken Arrow due to the size. He said the new rig just barely fits at the squeeze rock at the end of Tuweep.

LOL... Why not just install Google Earth (it's free!) on your laptop. Probably could get your kid to shake the easy chair. Looks like it would be about the same as touring in this thing.

Wow! With the pictures posted, I really wish I could make this run, but The Man is keeping me down that weekend... Will have to Internet 'wheel for the pictures you all are sure to post.

Crossing it?
You forget Cruisers are IFS . Not likely to cross it with any cruisers I know, unless they have a SA conversion, but hey, I made the best of the situation I had.
The group of college girls in the background were oohing and aaahing about driving through it like I was. The Pink Jeep guys were all kinds of supportive and pulled over to let the ladies watch the event unfolding.
When it was kind of slow up there the summer before, 2 pink jeeps pulled off the side under the steps to watch me climb up them. The lady drivers was laying odds that I wouldn't make it up. She lost

This was my favorite shots from a few years ago

This looks like a lot of fun! I want to say I am in as of right now, but I don't know to what extent yet. :steer:

That's the ole lady's birthday... Hmmm.. I may be a straggler.. Her health isn't the best being on long drives and even easy offroading... I'm a maybe also

The right driver can take the right trailer through there just fine.

Video

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom